PDA

View Full Version : Ruined/Heartbreaker

usmc69
03-20-2016, 07:54
Saw an M1911 yesterday that would break your heart. It has been buffed to within an inch of it's life. Almost all markings were buffed off. Can just barely see Model 0f 1911 on the slide. The frame has a S/N 44XX, that can be read. There looks to be a 1 several spaces before the 4. Can have it for $200, thought about buying it for the frame to use a platform for my Colt .22 Conversion. Since there is a number on the frame, would it be consider salable?

Ken Hill
03-20-2016, 08:01
Saw an M1911 yesterday that would break your heart. It has been buffed to within an inch of it's life. Almost all markings were buffed off. Can just barely see Model 0f 1911 on the slide. The frame has a S/N 44XX, that can be read. There looks to be a 1 several spaces before the 4. Can have it for $200, thought about buying it for the frame to use a platform for my Colt .22 Conversion. Since there is a number on the frame, would it be consider salable?

Go for it AJ. It'll probably be an excellent lower/shooter!

usmc69
03-20-2016, 08:08
Go for it AJ. It'll probably be an excellent lower/shooter!

Ken,

Was thinking that the .22 would not put much strain on the frame. Hence no fear of cracking it. The S/N was my concern. I am thinking the 1 is actually the leg of the N in No. 44XX. However, can not be sure.

Will you be in Lakeland for the show? I will bring the frame there. MasterGuns will be along.

AJ

Duane Hansen
03-20-2016, 09:55
I don't think that you could go wrong at $200. Parts alone are worth more than that in my opinion.

Ken Hill
03-20-2016, 11:02
Ken,

Was thinking that the .22 would not put much strain on the frame. Hence no fear of cracking it. The S/N was my concern. I am thinking the 1 is actually the leg of the N in No. 44XX. However, can not be sure.

Will you be in Lakeland for the show? I will bring the frame there. MasterGuns will be along.

AJ

Yes I will, under the "I" at the far wall. Will be good to see you! I'll bring $200+ just in case!

Ken Hill
03-20-2016, 11:03
I don't think that you could go wrong at $200. Parts alone are worth more than that in my opinion.

Absolutely correct!

Clark Howard
03-21-2016, 05:47
Before you agonize over the sacrifice of this gun, remember the thousands that have been destroyed by the dems just to keep them out of your hands! Regards, Clark