PDA

View Full Version : I finally have an M2

duke133
03-23-2016, 11:19
Well, didn't know I wanted one until I saw this one come available. Figured now might as well be the time. She sort of reminds me of the .22's I used as a kid earning the NRA ranks but I can't recall what we used. Just earning medals and shooting strings holding candy bars as rewards. I just recalled they were accurate. Figured the same with this one. I was not surprised. Seventy five feet and all 5 were inside a group the size of my thumb nail after 5 adjustment rounds.
I know some will say I'm crazy, stand in line, but now that I have fired her, broke her down, cleaned and preserved all the parts
~~THANK YOU HERSCHEL FOR YOUR VALUABLE ASSISTANCE~~
she is going to bed and hopefully will be passed along to our kids to maybe start enjoying sometime in the future. For now I want it as close to "new" condition as possible for them.

Particulars are as follows:
M2 marked rifle
bbl. date 1-42 w/ ord. bomb and proof punch
Walnut stock with SA enclosed inside a box and a circled proof P
a couple stamped markings inside the stock "S" and what looks to be maybe a "67"
REP 1 on the right side of the barrel just in front of the receiver
drawing numbers on the bolt, trigger, cocking piece and receiver
Bolt marked M2 along with electro penciled serial number (matches)
Bolt handle is marked F on the underside and M2 with a proof punch on the top side
Clip marked M2
barrel band marked U (?)
firing pin marked 3
Nice trap door butt plate
Chamber is bright with no pitting or fouling in the barrel
Action is very smooth.

What more can I say?

Oh, no SRS info available, thanks again Herschel.

I just wanted to share her with you all. Ran out of room for more pics.

Dienekes
03-23-2016, 11:33
Congratulations. I shot one (way) back in high school, loved it. Finally got a 1934 dated M2 about 25-30 years ago. A very classy, usable, fun rifle.

Kurt
03-27-2016, 06:46
I found one a year and a half ago and couldn't be happier. I was fortunate to find one with papers, two mag's and a nice sling. They are a lot of fun to shoot!

Congrats

Kurt

duke133
03-28-2016, 05:51
I just hope I never loose the 1 clip because I sure don't like the going rates for replacements today.

Kurt
03-28-2016, 10:45
I just hope I never loose the 1 clip because I sure don't like the going rates for replacements today.

No kidding, those are not only hard to find apparently, but spendy with a Capital S. I have a Browning .45 BDA I've had for a long, long time and saw that those clips are around the same nose bleed area as these.

Guard them with your life!

mannparks
03-28-2016, 04:36
If you think the m2 is pricy try buying a original m1922 mag,$500+

duke133
03-31-2016, 09:14
Well, if I don't have to part with it and it's left for the kids, hopefully, by that time, the price I paid for the rifle might be the price of just the clip and they will realize a gain.
Now it is in the vault.
However, I must admit, when I'm standing in back and watching the Squirrels running around, that rifle would be a lot better than my JC Higgins mdl. 41 that decides where the CB cap is going and it never has anything to do with the sights or the shooter. More get away than not even trying to use Ky windage.