PDA

View Full Version : Nearly unissued condition carbine

Allen
04-10-2016, 08:28
I don't think I've ever seen one in this condition. A parked receiver and a blued bolt like it was made. Most have all mellowed out to a brown finish, the bolt and receiver being much the same color. This carbine is being sold by a great seller on consignment. He gets top dollar but usually sells top guns too.

http://classic.gunauction.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=13866539

joem
04-10-2016, 01:02
Very nice!! Too high for me.

kar66
04-10-2016, 02:39
Jack the dog always gets the best stuff and he knows how to show it in the best light. He knows just what to photo and always gets it in the best light to show what you want to see. His photos are almost as good as handling the the gun. Really better you can always go back and look again. Sometimes your memory plays tricks on you and you remember things better than they are.

jimb
04-10-2016, 03:36
Looks like a restoration to me.

Tuna
04-10-2016, 07:13
It is a put together rifle. The front sight and the stock tell you that.

garandeguy10
04-12-2016, 07:00
It is a put together rifle. The front sight and the stock tell you that.

Do tell.

Tuna
04-12-2016, 07:27
The acceptance stamp on this carbine was only used on type 2 stocks. High wood oval oiler slot. This stock has been cut down to a type 3. Look at the pin for the front sight. You can see where it's been banged out to removed the sight off the barrel.

jangle
04-12-2016, 07:32
The acceptance stamp on this carbine was only used on type 2 stocks. High wood oval oiler slot. This stock has been cut down to a type 3. Look at the pin for the front sight. You can see where it's been banged out to removed the sight off the barrel.

Yep. And along with the scratches on the muzzle where front sight was removed for some reason!!

jimb
04-13-2016, 01:24
The other major problem is the parkerizing. It is exactly the same over the entire gun. Different parts were parked at different times in different tanks, etc.... That means that there should be some variation in color. ALL of the visible parts are the same shade and that should be an immediate red flag.

chucklamb
07-09-2016, 09:18
I have a "W" Carbine 5,628,117 in all "W" parts except for a SW-N sear as in the one discussed in this thread. The stock on mine is a type III with the ordnance stamp but without the WRA/GHD stamp.
Craig Reisch at the Armory of Orange, Irvine, Ca., pronounced it "probably as issued" with the SW-N sear.

Chuck