PDA

View Full Version : M9 manufacture now in Tennessee

Shooter5
04-18-2016, 01:35
http://nashvillepublicradio.org/post/gun-maker-beretta-receives-warm-welcome-and-better-political-climate-tennessee

SMOKEY
04-18-2016, 02:05
Good for Tennessee

IditarodJoe
04-18-2016, 04:15
Yup. Good to see all those jobs going to a 2nd Amendment friendly state. I have a question for any member who knows something about corporate tax accounting. With the corporate offices located in MD and all manufacturing in TN, which state gets the lion's share of the tax revenue?

tanker trash
04-18-2016, 12:22
Tax is where the HQ is. That's why corporations bid one state against another to get the HQ to locate in their state.

IditarodJoe
04-18-2016, 01:35
Bummer. So MD still gets the lion's share of tax revenue from Baretta, CT from Ruger, MA from Smith & Wesson, &c. . . . So what gunmakers are both headquartered and manufacture in 2A friendly states?

Mike Josephic
04-19-2016, 12:13
Tax is where the HQ is. That's why corporations bid one state against another to get
the HQ to locate in their state.

If you refer to the physical location (bricks and mortar) not true. The tax is paid to the state where
the business is INCORPORATED. That's why many businesses here in PA, including the one I worked
for some 35 years were incorporated in Delaware, which has much more reasonable corporate taxes.
There are many other examples, this is just one I'm familiar with.

joem
04-24-2016, 05:55
When the politicians learn why people move (high taxes, gov interference), the economy may get back on it's feet.