PDA

View Full Version : Seeking info. Amega or Ultimak mount.

bruce
05-30-2016, 05:50
My +30 year love affair with iron sighted military rifles is coming to an end. Vision problems are making it very difficult to responsibly use a iron sighted rifle for hunting. Have a nice 03-A4 replica that I very much enjoy. Want to do a scout type scope mount on one of my M-1's. Have a perfect little Nikon 2X EER scope in hand. Need a mount. Thinking of the Amega or Ultimak. Anyone have experience with either or both of these mounts. Info. appreciated. Sincerely. bruce.

Griff Murphey
05-31-2016, 04:31
I put an Amega Ranges CMP scout mount on one of my 7.62 match rifles. Had a fair amount of success shooting it in 3 gun; it kind if messes up the balance of the rifle even with a pistol scope. If you are just shooting it off the bench it won't bother you. If you do intend to use it for action shooting stay with a low scope power. You might even consider one of the little holo sights. I had a cheap Bushnell on it and went to a more expensive Burris and actually I think the cheap Bushnell was better as it was lighter and less bulky.

bruce
05-31-2016, 06:00
Thank you! Just what I need, info. from folks who have actually used these mounts.

I am right handed. Due to a birth defect, I must shoot using my left eye. Sounds like these mounts will position the scope high enough that I can shoot from the right side and aim with my left eye. This is how I shoot my 03-A4 replica. Works well.