PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Model 52A bolt removal

RCK
06-25-2016, 12:06
Was shooting my Winchester 52A yesterday after almost 20 years, and got it home and tried to clean it. Needless to say, I had no idea how to remove the bolt. I'm OK with the B, C, and D models, " I think" but I tried all the usual methods and the bolt just sat there and stared at me. If someone has the bolt removal techniques for all the 52 models documented on a previous thread, please provide.

JimF
06-25-2016, 12:24
Have you tried to PUSH the trigger FORWARD while retracting the bolt body? --Jim

n64atlas
06-25-2016, 02:19
On the A, you should be able to remove it by depressing the trigger. The C,D, and E's need to have the trigger pushed forward as they have
the micro motion trigger. You don't have an after-market trigger in the A do you? Take the action out of the stock and take a pic of the trigger.
then go here to compare triggers.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326673

dave
07-16-2016, 05:20
I have two pre-A's one a slow lock, other a speed lock. Both are pulled/pushed back.

RCK
07-17-2016, 03:56
I finally got the bolt out. I just didn't pull the trigger hard enough.

clintonhater
07-17-2016, 07:12
I finally got the bolt out. I just didn't pull the trigger hard enough.

Had the same problem with the first one I had, because "pull" is not an adequate description of what has to be done; better to say to anyone who hasn't done it before "try your best to break the trigger off," because that's the amount of force it takes.