PDA

View Full Version : Trigger travel

gatorbone
07-05-2016, 04:08
I have a question that I'm sure has been asked many times before. I s there any way to reduce the trigger travel on a striker fired pistol. My little Taurus has approximately a 2 foot travel prior to anything happening. That may be a slight exaggeration. My old arthritic hands aren't as flexible or strong as they used to be, and I need a substantially shorter travel.:icon_scratch:

n64atlas
07-05-2016, 11:15
What model Taurus? Revolver or semi-auto?

Emri
07-05-2016, 12:16
Quick answer, NO. The gun was built that way. Taurus' are inexpensive pistols meant to go bang. Sometimes they don't even do that. Since arthritis is the main problem, look to get another type of handgun that you can use with your condition.

FWIW,

Emri

gatorbone
07-06-2016, 03:25
Quick answer, NO. The gun was built that way. Taurus' are inexpensive pistols meant to go bang. Sometimes they don't even do that. Since arthritis is the main problem, look to get another type of handgun that you can use with your condition.

FWIW,

Emri

Thnx for the sage advice Emri, already working on my 1911 clone. Got the pull down to 2.5#. I think I'll stop there.

gatorbone
07-06-2016, 03:29
What model Taurus? Revolver or semi-auto?

Do they make striker fired revolvers?

n64atlas
07-06-2016, 07:39
Do they make striker fired revolvers?

missed the striker part. As for the 1911 clone, 2.5 is too light. You risk full auto fire with hard ball loads at that weight.