PDA

View Full Version : Service Grade Garands

Brad in Idaho
07-09-2016, 11:19
I am considering selling one of the rifles pictured below to a friends adult son (his choice). I see that the CMP is sold out of SG rifles. The last price I saw for them was $730+ shipping. Both of the rifles pictured are in VG condition. I have had both of them to the range recently and they both shoot good and function flawlessly. They are both Springfield Armory rifles purchased from CMP (paperwork included). Of the two, I think the Danish shoots slightly better than the 1941. The Dane appears to have been rebuilt by the Danes as it has quite a few Breda and Beretta parts. It appears to have been little used since rebuild. The 1941 was rebuilt at Springfield Armory in December 1964. Both have very nice walnut furniture.
I am thinking of asking $800 for the '41, and $850 for the '44 plus shipping. Am I out of line pricewise? The biggest drawback is the prospective buyer is in Kalifornia. I have a C&R license and have made it clear to him the deal will have to go through a licensed dealer. Arrangements with his dealer and costs for transfer will be his responsibility. What say you?

December 1941 SA Service Grade

March 1944 SA Service Grade (Danish)

Brad in Idaho
07-10-2016, 10:19
Crickets? No opinions?

Ltdave
07-10-2016, 11:09
sounds good to me...

understand CMP may not have anymore in a LONG time. or ever...

only CMP knows and they arent saying...

its a friends kid so the prices seem fair...

bruce
07-10-2016, 12:46
Your prices are most certainly fair, even gracious. You are being very good to your friend! Sincerely. bruce.

07-19-2016, 11:18
Prices are very fair! Have seen an increase lately.

Art
07-19-2016, 12:05
Decent shooter M1s are going for $1,000.00+ where I live. Those two are very nice SGs indeed. I think you are offering a perfectly acceptable "friend price."

Calfed
07-19-2016, 08:36
Those are very fair prices, IMO

langss
07-19-2016, 09:41
I seem to remember that Long Guns could be bought out of State, C&R required no Paper Work. I do not know any of this for a fact, I just remember reading it. So My question is, if this is true, could the Buyer not drive to your location and take possession of whichever Rifle He chose ?.... Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Brad in Idaho
07-20-2016, 03:24
My understanding is that ALL sales to Kalifornians must go through a dealer in Kalifornia now. Even CMP sales. If I am wrong someone set me straight please.

I seem to remember that Long Guns could be bought out of State, C&R required no Paper Work. I do not know any of this for a fact, I just remember reading it. So My question is, if this is true, could the Buyer not drive to your location and take possession of whichever Rifle He chose ?.... Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Calfed
07-20-2016, 04:13
My understanding is that ALL sales to Kalifornians must go through a dealer in Kalifornia now. Even CMP sales. If I am wrong someone set me straight please.

C&R, with a California "certificate of eligibility" (COE) is still good. Within 5 days of receipt, Bureau of Firearms notification form must be filed with California.

07-21-2016, 06:54
I agree that your prices are very fair.