Rock
08-27-2016, 10:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2idYNKWGm4

nf1e
08-28-2016, 02:24
Love it. But everyone knows.

psteinmayer
08-28-2016, 06:17
Awesome video!!! Thanks very much for sharing this...

montigre
09-01-2016, 09:11
Great video. Thanks for sharing!!!

PhillipM
09-02-2016, 04:49
Two errors:

A shooter can not get M1 thumb loading the rifle.

The bolt should be ridden halfway closed before letting it fly home single loading to avoid a slam fire. The friction of the bolt on the rounds in the magazine slow it's travel in normal operation.

salish
09-02-2016, 09:14
I'm a Garand neophyte, so I'll withhold comments on errors, but I've been watching "bloke" for the past month or so and I like his videos. He's got a great sense of humor as well as being very knowledgeable with firearms. I love his Enfield Frankenrifle.

Twinson
09-02-2016, 12:34
Nice mate...

Rock
09-03-2016, 11:05
Two errors:

A shooter can not get M1 thumb loading the rifle.

The bolt should be ridden halfway closed before letting it fly home single loading to avoid a slam fire. The friction of the bolt on the rounds in the magazine slow it's travel in normal operation.

I caught the 'M1 Thumb while loading' comment too but it's a common misconception that's been out there for a long time so I'll cut him some slack. I also disagree with his statement that M1 disassembly is complicated. I find it very easy to take apart; especially the trigger assembly. Bolt disassembly can be accomplished without removal from the rifle which is my preferred method. I also feel that the safety is one of the best. Otherwise, it's an informative video that entertains as well.

PhillipM
09-03-2016, 03:52
I caught the 'M1 Thumb while loading' comment too but it's a common misconception that's been out there for a long time so I'll cut him some slack. I also disagree with his statement that M1 disassembly is complicated. I find it very easy to take apart; especially the trigger assembly. Bolt disassembly can be accomplished without removal from the rifle which is my preferred method. I also feel that the safety is one of the best. Otherwise, it's an informative video that entertains as well.

Yes, I like the safety, but all these pistol operators are so ingrained with finger down the side have permeated the M1 shooters.

When I used to hunt with my M1, I ground the radius down so it wouldn't make a loud click.