PDA

View Full Version : WTS - 6 copies - Sprgfld. Mdl.1903 Serv. Rifle Prod. & Alteration 1905-1910

Fred
09-27-2016, 12:58
Want To Sell - Six copies of John Beard & C. S. Ferris' book - Springfield Model 1903 Service Rifle Production And Alteration 1905-1910.

I only want to sell these as a group. All six copies for $400.00

This book has been out of print for years, which is why copies of it have sold for $150.00 to $240.00

Shipping is free because I will pay for it.

If anyone is interested, please Private message me.

Thanks,
Fred Gaarde

http://www.jouster.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37596&stc=1

swampyankee
09-27-2016, 02:41
Read sticky number for sales.

Fred
09-28-2016, 04:26
Below is an interesting link to "Advanced Book Exchange (Abe Books) where they have two of such books for sale.
Wow. I wasn't aware of just how much people have been asking for the book. Oh well, I set my price for all Six books and I'm sticking with that price.
That's about $66.66 each for the Six copies.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=John+Beard%2C+C.S.Ferris&kn=1903&sts=t

Promo
09-28-2016, 12:17
Hey Fred, if you would ship them over to me I'd take them all.

Fred
09-28-2016, 01:30
George, are you wanting the other set of 1903 manuals too?

Promo
09-29-2016, 04:56
I didn't plan to, but if you're doing a good set price of all including shipping I might get tempted to :)

Fred
09-29-2016, 09:01
Georg, my price as listed is my set price. Collectively, I paid for the eight 1903 manuals just what I'm asking for them. They're all in pretty nice condition. To me, quality trumps quantity. I don't have a pile of the manuals, but I do have a representative and interesting set of them that would enhance anyone's collection of 1903 Springfield's.
I'm not in need of money. I'm just getting rid of extra stuff that I've accumulated over the years to make room for more stuff. I said that I would pay for the shipping and that even means Europe too.
However, the price I've listed for my Six copies of John Beard's book and the Eight copies of the 1903 Manuals is more than fair and is in fact quite a bargain.
If you're really interested in anything, you'll buy it. If I don't sell them here, I'll just keep them. They're only going to go up in value over time. But I do thank you for inquiring about them Georg.

Promo
09-30-2016, 03:22
Hey Fred, that would then be $800 for everything, including shipping right? You'd save the shipping costs from the second lot (which was also included in the price though ;-) ).. but that would be not a lot. But to come to an end: would you do payment with PayPal? If yes, I assume we have a deal.

Fred
09-30-2016, 08:08
Hi again George! Yep I can do PayPal. However I have to change my PayPal address from my old email to my email that I'm keeping for everything. Let me to that first and I'll get back to you and let you know when I've done that.
I can save money by listing the contents not as books but as something else. If I cannot, I'll just send it all to you anyway. No big deal.

George, could you please Private Message me the phone number of your cell phone so that I can send you some Text Pictures? I've been trying to send you emails for months, but I've had trouble with sending anything out from my cell iPhone using email.

Thanks George and I'll let you know when I've got my PayPal corrected.

Fred
09-30-2016, 08:18
OK, I've checked on my PayPal account and it looks like I've already corrected everything and so I can receive payments.
Please Private Message me your mailing address and I'll get the books in the mail to you Georg.

Promo
09-30-2016, 11:15
Everything else done with PM :)