PDA

View Full Version : Last edition of Mallory's DCM Rifle Sales

clintonhater
09-29-2016, 07:55
Just found among my shelf of reprints of gun catalogs & ordnance dept. technical publications his 1976 booklet (price $3) of that name. Is this the SRS "book" that is continually being referenced to check serial numbers, or is there a later, more extensive, edition?

Rick the Librarian
09-29-2016, 08:28
I think there are several later, bigger versions.

Ironlip
09-29-2016, 02:02
I'm at work and don't have access to my copies, but I've only ever seen one book called DCM Rifle Sales. It contained records only of those sales and the '03A1 NM I once owned was listed in that book only. It is smaller than the three editions I have of the later SRS books that are records of serial numbers found throughout government documents of all kinds. I'll look tonight. I've always thought the the DCM book and the four SRS books comprised the complete SRS database at least as far as serial numbers were concerned. The old SRS newsletter contained all kinds of interesting information and images culled from government files by Frank Mallory.

clintonhater
09-29-2016, 02:53
None of my guns' numbers are listed (just what I'd expect!), except my Sporter, but in the "type" column, there's only a blank! (Though there's a long list of Sporters before & after my number.)

I have no need of it, and would list it in the "for sale" section if someone can suggest a low/reasonable price to put on it.

cplnorton
09-29-2016, 03:03
Clintonhater, is is just like the regular run down of serials and dates from the DCM sales? Or does it have more info that that?

I might be interested in it. If it's different than what is in the SRS books.

clintonhater
09-29-2016, 05:34
... If it's different than what is in the SRS books.

That I don't know, because I've never seen those others. It's divided into 5 sections: '03s of all types, 1922s, Winchester SS .22s, Winchester repeating .22s (M1890s & 1903s), special '03 target rifles, such as the Intl. Match. Total of 74 pages.

John Beard
09-29-2016, 08:38
Frank Mallory's "Summary of DCM Rifle Sales" is a small blue book that exclusively contains the listing of all DCM rifle sales between WWI and WWII. The book lists the serial numbers and the type of rifle, i.e., sporter, National Match, M1903A1, etc. These serial numbers are listed in no other place except some electronic SRS data bases.

J.B.

m1903rifle
09-30-2016, 05:25
Check your PM's