PDA

View Full Version : swedish mauser accumount M41b install

bnrg
12-20-2016, 07:25
HI,
I have a Swedish mauser that I would like to install an accumount M41b mount on. The company has been a little stingy with info on installing it ('will send when they receive the order') and am wondering if anyone here has done this themselves. I am a machinist (but not a gunsmith) so the nuts and bolts of this I think that I can handle, but how hard is the receiver, and how is the mount aligned on the receiver so that the scope and bore axis are aligned?

Thanks,
Bob

dave
12-21-2016, 02:37
I am not a gunsmith either (or a machinist) but I would put the scope in the mount with both adjustments centered, and use a laser bore sighter pointed on a wall, or such, about 40 ft. away and line the scope aimpoint on the laser dot. Mark the receiver when its aligned.

Dave in NGA
12-21-2016, 11:38
I have drilled and tapped the Swedish mauser and the steel is soft enough to work with there should be no problem. I have not tested the receiver hardness but I would guess is to be approximately Rc 40 or there about. Much easier to work with than a typical Springfield 03A3. HTH

bnrg
12-22-2016, 10:37
Thank you Dave and Dave, exactly the info that I was hoping to find.