PDA

View Full Version : 1903A4 With Boxed AAC Stamp

Punch the Clown
02-28-2017, 08:35
I have 03A4 ser # 4997390. The rifle appears all correct and in original finish, The stock is in nice condition with the exception of some dings and scratches accumulated over the last 70 years. All the cartouches are nicely struck leading me to believe that the stock is pretty much unsanded. There is only one firing proof. Why would there be a boxed AAC stamped on the stock? Is this the same deal as all the OG stamped rifles that look untouched? If a rifle went through a rebuild shouldn't there be a second firing proof? Thanks guys.

Sunray
02-28-2017, 09:22
AAC is an Augusta Arsenal rebuild stamp. Doesn't necessarily mean it was rebuilt. Could have just been inspected to see if it need any work. Still got stamped as being inspected and approved.
Stock dings are fixed with a damp face cloth and a steam iron. Scratches with BLO.

Punch the Clown
02-28-2017, 09:25
Thanks Sunray. I know the OG is common-I have a couple of just about as new rifles with the un-boxed OG stamo, but I didn't know if the same rules apply to AAC? I assume the rifle is possibly DCM in origin?