PDA

View Full Version : The final cword: Make your Pedersoli TD Eject Like a Man!

AZshooter
03-16-2017, 07:41
OK, listen up all you Pedersoli Trapdoor owners with the limp weenie ejection (OK you can tell I've recently been watching Lee Ermey videos).

The original 1873 Trapdoor ejector spring arrived in the mail. Good thing I also ordered the plunger/rod to go with it, since the nicely blued & finished Pedersoli plunger is larger diameter & won't fit the original spring. I didn't feel like making a project of turning down the Pedersoli plunger to fit, since this was supposed to be a simple project. Grease it, shove it in, reassemble the trapdoor & it's good to go.

Instead of getting the little sissygirl slap of the Pedersoli that would actually sometimes clear the action, but usually lie there much like my ex wife, waiting for me to do the work, the REAL. Original, 'Merican-made, 140 year old spring kicks like it's a field goal!

The Pedersoli ejector emits an imperceptible sissy-girl moan when you open the breech all the way; the He-Man original 140 year old spring powered ejector makes the same unmistakable CLICK my original makes.

As for that weak, substandard and entirely useless eye-talian spring - mine goes into a tiny ziplock bag, along with matching plunger, and will be relegated to the bottom of one of my parts drawers.

If you shoot your Pedersoli much, and want to really impress other Pedersoli shooters, or anyone watching you shoot, for that matter, I highly recommend an original spring. I e-mailed Ed Knisely about his springs, but he only accepts 19th century payment: cash or checks. By the time the check was mailed, cleared & the stuff sent out it would next month. Lodgewood takes Paypal and credit cards, and is just the ticket for old guys like me with short attention spans

The answer to the question is YES, the original spring & plunger will fit! Woo Hoo! And, Now, you too don't have to fear looking like Mike Beleveau and all the other you-tube videos where they fire their Pedersolis, open the trap door, then either dig around with a finger, or shake the receiver around to dump out the spent brass.

I'm not sure if the actual spring installation is some kind of secret, but if you need to know the hands-off, no punch method, just PM me! It's stupidly simple - after all, I was able to do in in just a few seconds ...

Dick Hosmer
03-17-2017, 07:33
Amen!

How are the P mainsprings? The H&Rs were s**t. You might want to change that, too.

Breechblock R&R is not the problem that the wimps make it out to be.

But, a pox upon all the jerks over the years who just hit the pin without bothering to clear and rotate the ear!!!

AZshooter
03-17-2017, 10:48
The mainspring looks to be good to go. I didn't actually do a side-by-side comparison, but if not identical to the original, it's pretty close.