PDA

View Full Version : Another Pedersoli Checklist Item:

AZshooter
03-17-2017, 11:01
I had read around of those who mentioned the Pedersoli breechbolt latch is kinda iffy, since it's 2 pieces & the latch can loosen up from the lever.

I got to jiggling mine around. It's 16 years old, but never been fired, so it's Brand New & shouldn't be a problem yet, Right??

WRONG!! Holding the latch & jiggling the lever, mine appeared loose - to the point I could work the lever shaft free of the latch & remove the 2 pieces to see the underlying spring & plunger.

A 1.1(?) mm Allen wrench = the smallest one in my Allen wrench drawer, handily fit the tiny set screw, so I was able to tighten it up. The only fear while shooting is yanking the lever free of the latch; it's on a square shaft & the set screw tightens up against a flat, so no fear of it rotating to unlatch during firing.

Note of interest: looks like when Pedersoli assembled mine, they never tightened the set screw, since there were absolutely no marks on the shaft flat. I briefly considered loctite, but I may want to disassemble it someday, so later I'll likely use fly shellac or nail polish to secure it. Meanwhile, it's on my pre-shoot checklist of items to inspect.

Gosh ... I hope they screwed the barrel in tight at the Pedersoli factory. I plan on shooting it this weekend.:icon_bounce: As I was carrying my new purchase around at the gunshow, I also noticed that the hammer screw was loose. Apparently mine was assembled on a Monday, Friday, or just before lunch.

Tom Trevor
03-18-2017, 09:41
You might consider taking your Dremel tool and grind a small dimple in the shaft where the set screw rest against it. Tighten the original screw down and go to a hardware store and find a metric to match and tighten it down over the original. This will keep them tight and allow for easy future removal.

AZshooter
03-18-2017, 05:03
Thought about the dimple to tighten the screw into - another item on the project list! The 2nd setscrew is a great idea!

Where in the Valley are you? I grew up in Canoga Park .... Waaaay back when it was still a nice place to live ....

Tom Trevor
03-18-2017, 07:29
Granada Hills up by the reservoir. Canoga park was cured by re naming it West Hills. LOL