PDA

View Full Version : Identify Butt Plates ??

JOHN COOK
04-20-2017, 12:29
Brother -in -law passed away couple years ago and he and I were pretty close. He was in process of putting together a 1903 custom rifle. He had completed changing the barrel and a few other things but had to quit after becoming ill. After his passing his wife told me since we were so close and had same interest I could have anything that I wanted that he used, tools, gun, parts etc. I removed two boxes of parts for rifles and I'm just going through them. Trying to sort out parts by manufacturer and I'm using VISHOOTER's page to identify most of the items. I am trying to determine if the smooth Springfield butt plates on VISHOOTERs page stating 1903-1910 Circa is the same as smooth butt plate 1917-1920 Circa. If something changed I can't see it, unless I have all of one time period. Comments would be appreciated. Found couple of SC parts , although he didn't have one. Got two SPAM cans of SKS ammo, sleeves, safeties,bolts,strikers etc.... Also two scopes with rings a jeweled bolt and handle is dropped. Looks like he may have been going for an A4 look. His daughter has his rifles. Couldn't talk her out of them

PS Had a real fun time putting safety in the sleeves. Found a tool he had and it works.

Thanks any help appreciated

john

Rick the Librarian
04-20-2017, 03:51
They are virtually the same, as far as I understand it.

JOHN COOK
04-20-2017, 04:30
Strange, use it for 7 years, don't use it for 7 , back to it for 3.. Maybe an engineer was trying to keep his job.. :icon_jokercolor:

Thanks Rick..
john

Emri
04-21-2017, 05:39
Strange, use it for 7 years, don't use it for 7 , back to it for 3.. Maybe an engineer was trying to keep his job.. :icon_jokercolor:

Thanks Rick..
john

Look in the Gun Talk forum for an explanation.

Emri