PDA

View Full Version : H&R pistol

dave
04-30-2017, 09:08
I just picked up a M-926, .22LR. pistol, I had looked at it a couple weeks before but just got it yesterday. I am sure I checked function couple weeks ago but now I can not get the ejector to work. I thought you just pushed the cylinder pin back and the ejector extracted all empties like most any double action revolver. As I remember it worked when I first saw it but did not check again yesterday. I can not locate any manuals for these on Google, as yet. Any help would be appreciated!

dave
04-30-2017, 11:14
Me again. I tapped the rod with a screw diver blade and it broke free. Underneath is a bunch of old dried oil or grease, it will not wipe off so will clean with a solvent. Problem solved!
Gun was made in 1975 and is in really quite new condition.

Herschel
04-30-2017, 12:51
Bubba may have applied WD-40 to it. That stuff is not a lubricant and will gum firearm actions. Solvent should take care of it.

dave
05-01-2017, 10:57
Yeh, I have a box of those alcohol wipes they use when drawing blood or giving shots. Worked fine.

n64atlas
05-01-2017, 03:10
Bubba may have applied WD-40 to it. That stuff is not a lubricant and will gum firearm actions. Solvent should take care of it.

+1 on the above.

JimF
05-02-2017, 06:25

+2 on this!

Even the rugged M1 Garand rear sight can be "gummed up" using this stuff!

I won't be applying this again any time soon! --Jim

bruce
05-02-2017, 07:01
Just found this post. Glad you were able to get everything working. H&R made fine firearms. Their revolvers were good solid pistols. Would love to find a nice one. You are fortunate! Sincerely. bruce.

dave
05-02-2017, 12:13
Thanks for all the comments. As for WD40, I never use any product on my guns unless they were made for gun use (except soap & hot water for black powder)!

Tuna
05-02-2017, 07:32
WD-40, Water Displacement #40. I once had a friend bring his A5 Browning 12 gauge to me saying it was locked up tight and nothing would move. I finally got it apart and asked him what he used on it and sure enough it was WD-40. Took a couple of days of soaking and scrubbing to get it out of the action and working again.