PDA

View Full Version : RtL's May Book Sale!

Rick the Librarian
05-03-2017, 05:28
The Remaining books are getting a little thin, but still a few left! I’ll take 25% off the remaining books:

Those books no longer listed are sold, pending arrival of funds.

A) Payment can be made by check or money order. I may have to hold checks until they clear unless you are known to me. Paypal can be used, but a 4% premium will be added to offset fees charged by Paypal unless you do it as a gift/family.

B) All prices do not include shipping. Shipping is done by USPS Media Mail, which I have found economical and secure and now comes with tracking numbers. I will quote a shipping price, when you make an offer. Insurance is optional. Although I pack and ship very carefully, I can’t be responsible if you don’t insure large purchases.

C) Books vary in condition and I do my best to describe them properly. Books are hard-backed unless otherwise mentioned. Any questions will be gladly answered. I will also provide reasonable pictures of the books or their content if you want. Obviously, “I’ll take it” trumps over “Can you send me more information?” 

D) When you contact me about these books, please inquire by book title, not number. You can contact me through this forum or at –rrsbls@msn.com-- (remove dashes)

E) Books are for sale on several forums. When two people offer to buy the same book or books, the earlier email/PM is considered first. I try to update this list to show purchased books at least once a day.

I. “Rick’s Picks”

1) “Dreadnought: A History of the Modern Battleship” by Richard Hough. An excellent introductory history to the large battleships that revolutionized the war at sea until being eclipsed by the airplane in WWII. An oversized book loaded with photographs. Hough is a very well-known military historian. VG-Ex. $9.95

World War II

1) “The Iowa-Class Battleships” by Malcolm Muir. A chronicle of the perilous missions of one of the most illustrious battleships of the US Navy - the "Iowa" class. It traces both the combat and peacetime careers of these vessels and the changes in their appearance, equipment, weaponry and structure, from World War II to the present. Ex. to near new, loaded with pictures and diagrams. $8.95

2) “Hawaii Under the Rising Sun” by John Stephan. A vital book for the Pacific War reader published quite long ago seems to have been overlooked, perhaps as 'local history'. It rebuts the conventional perception that the Japanese regarded an invasion of Oahu as being 'a bridge too far' for them and impossible without Army support. And this long before recent visits to the sources revised that comfortable assurance. Hard to find, Ex-near new, $13.50

3) “War in the Pacific: Pearl Harbor to Tokyo Bay by Bernard Nalty. A very large, oversized pictorial book with weapons, maps and a general history of war in this theatre. VG-Ex. $8.95

III. General Military History

1) “B-52 Stratofortress: Boeing’s Cold War Warrior. By Robert Dorr. An icon of the Cold War, Boeing's mighty B-52 is undoubtedly one of the most famous jet bombers ever built, having served now for almost 40 years. This book details the full B-52 story, with squadron histories and full technical specifications. Near new, $12.95

2) “The Scottish Soldier” by Stephen Wood. An illustrated social & military history of Scotland's fighting men through two thousand years up to the Falklands War. Large, oversized book with numerous photographs. Near new, $8.95

3) “Dropshot: The American Plan for World War III, 1957. By Anthony Cave Brown. Operation Dropshot was the United States Department of Defense codename for a contingency plan for a possible nuclear and conventional war with the Soviet Union and its allies in order to counter the anticipated Soviet takeover of Western Europe, the Near East and parts of Eastern Asia expected to start around 1957. Based on declassified U.S. documents. Not a “what if” but actually what was in the plan. Near new, $8.95

4) “The Path Between the Seas” – David McCullough’s excellent treatment of the building of the Panama Canal in the early years of the 20th Century. Very readable. Large trade ppk., VG, $4.95