PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone?

Matt Anthony
08-15-2017, 02:30
No one has posted here for days and days. It's disturbing to see everyday the same posts with no traffic.
Either most of the active people lost interest or do not even know Jouster2 exists.
Such a shame as this forum had many knowledgeable shooters and experts on reloading. Hope the word gets out that Jouster2 is alive and well.
Matt

psteinmayer
08-15-2017, 03:57
I'm still here!!!

I agree. It seems that there has been a drastic decrease in posts lately.

Matt Anthony
08-15-2017, 05:36
I have read your posts for years and enjoy your demeaner. I have taken the position of not arguing nor posting anything negative in the future. I just want to help people do the correct procedures so as to be safe for themselves and others.
Nice to hear from you!
Matt

JimF
08-15-2017, 05:37
I'm still here, Matt . . . .
I think most of the old "regulars" don't know about "Jouster2".
To help get "back on track", I'm wondering if anyone has a recipe for 125-130 gr. bullets with IMR4895 powder, for use in a 30-06 Garand? --Jim

Sunray
08-15-2017, 12:07
"...do not even know Jouster2 exists..." Suspect it's this one too. Took me a couple weeks. Mind you, it's also the middle of summer. It's rumoured there are people who still get vacations or holidays or some such thing.

psteinmayer
08-15-2017, 03:16
I have read your posts for years and enjoy your demeaner. I have taken the position of not arguing nor posting anything negative in the future. I just want to help people do the correct procedures so as to be safe for themselves and others.
Nice to hear from you!
Matt

Nice to hear from you too Matt!

Paul

dave
08-16-2017, 09:28
Too much politics, and yes I am some what guilty myself.

nf1e
08-16-2017, 01:01
Just reading the mail.

PWC
08-16-2017, 02:59
Long time ago I asked the same question. It seems that since the Major is gone and Gus Fisher and Hard Dog left; there isn't much action. John and Bodyman are still posting. The Forums just don't have the same 'feel'. Surely, the economy hasn't improved to the point everyone is shooting 'factory'. Everyone seems to want collector info; what happened to the shooters, reloaders and tinkerers?

"On the Firing Line" used to be active and peaking late June and all of July with people getting ready for Perry, now, it is flat also.

Smallbore was really active until the M-44s sold out, not so much now. I wrote an article on improving the M-44 trigger several folks tried and liked. I don't see much on the CMP type smallbore offerings.

If they weren't so anti-everything, Peter, Paul, and Mary could now sing "Where have all the members gone....long time passing...."

bigedp51
08-16-2017, 08:47
When milsurps.com took over hosting this site for a short time many of the people stayed at milsurps.

Then when sunray joined the forum it really went down hill fast with people fleeing for their lives.

http://i.imgur.com/TyF116l.gif

Clark Howard
08-17-2017, 06:08
We have suffered from the postings of several "members', whose sole intent was to destroy the forums found here. There are numbers of real enthusiasts who still visit here and will show up again. On top of that, many of us don't get to the range as often as we used to. Regards, Clark

nf1e
08-18-2017, 02:36
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/nf1e/IMG_0969_zpsbmnbw8ol.jpg (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_0969_zpsbmnbw8ol.jpg.html)

DaveL
08-19-2017, 06:48
I was thinking that, if at all possible, a link to the new site at the address of the old site would bring people back. Not sure if it's possible but I think that would sure help.

lyman
08-20-2017, 02:52
that room is way too neat to be a reloading room,,,,

just saying
:icon_lol:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/nf1e/IMG_0969_zpsbmnbw8ol.jpg (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_0969_zpsbmnbw8ol.jpg.html)

PWC
08-20-2017, 04:04
Yes, Waaay too neat.

What kind of press is that? I've never seen a shell holder like that before.

I have an old Pacific C press that is as old or older than me. I won't say how old I am but when I went into the military, they issued me a club and told me I had to kill my first uniform. The shell holder is machined into the ram and it came with two rams; one for .38 and one for '06. To change caliber, you change the ram. I discovered the '06 ram will accept the button shell holders for other calibers so one less set up step.

I also have an old Herters C press under my bench (boy is that thing built for stout!) but I don't have room for two presses right now. My RCBS dies do fit, and it doesn't appear to have an adapter installed.

nf1e
08-21-2017, 09:17
Yes, Waaay too neat.

What kind of press is that? I've never seen a shell holder like that before.

I have an old Pacific C press that is as old or older than me. I won't say how old I am but when I went into the military, they issued me a club and told me I had to kill my first uniform. The shell holder is machined into the ram and it came with two rams; one for .38 and one for '06. To change caliber, you change the ram. I discovered the '06 ram will accept the button shell holders for other calibers so one less set up step.

I also have an old Herters C press under my bench (boy is that thing built for stout!) but I don't have room for two presses right now. My RCBS dies do fit, and it doesn't appear to have an adapter installed.

Just my old Rock Chucker. Been trying to wear it out for over 50 years so I might find a new one. Looks like it will still be chugging along after I get planted.
RCBS competition seater with the high shell holder. I have run many 10s of thousands of rounds with that setup over the years. Keep it greased and it just won't quit.

GB in WY
08-30-2017, 11:56
Took me awhile to find the new site. I think I have been through 3 or 4 forum changes (including at least 1 re-registration, I think) since I started on the forum) A lot of good people have come and gone here. Some because of changes in interests and some because of the loons that have invaded the forum, at times. I haven't bought a M1 in about 7 or 8 years(when CMP went over 700 bucks for a service grade) and haven't bought ammo since CMP went over .50 for ball. Two reasons for not buying ammo: 1. I have more than I will ever shoot(yes, you can have to much). and 2. I figured to leave some for the folks that were getting their first rifle and needed proper ammo to get started. I have several nice rifles but the holes in my collection are such that if I tried to fill them, it would cost more than I have spent on 10 of the guns I already own.

I do not shoot service rifle anymore(no close matches)And if I did, it would be with an AR platform, unless it was a vintage match. The last registered match I shot in was all AR except for two M1As and my lone Garand. So my interest has moved to other things. I still stop by every few days/weeks to see what is going on. I do not post regularly, mostly I just lurk and learn. I do miss the old days when you could chat with some of the big boys in the Garand field and could converse with the Major and Gloria but we were all younger then. I will continue to stop by but I am an old man and the world moves on.