PDA

View Full Version : K-31

aintright
10-24-2017, 12:32
Thinking about using my K-31 for a deer hunt again and was browsing the available ammo and came across this
https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/73721
Anybody have any experience with this ?
Kenneth

bruce
10-24-2017, 01:27
No experience w/ the Australian stuff. Can say the Hornady ammo is excellent. Graf has this in stock: HORNADY AMMO 7.5x55 SWISS 165gr BTSP 20/BX 10/CS. HTH. Sincerely. bruce.

aintright
10-24-2017, 02:34
Thanks for the reply Bruce . Yes sir you are right , the Hornady stuff is accurate and packs a wallop . Shot a good sized doe with it a few years back right behind the shoulders . It punched an exit hole you could darn near put two fists in . Didn't hit anything but ribs , surprised me it exited that violently . Shot another with the GP-1100 I think is right , it did the job , but involved tracking for a few hundred yards . Of course I didn't expect it to kill as well as the Hornady , but thought it would do more damage than it did .
Kenneth

bruce
10-24-2017, 02:42
Have used the Hornady loads. Always open up. Wonderful that Hornady manufactures the foreign calibers, some of which are not easy to find. Especially nice is the fact that the loads are SP so that you can use them for hunting. Really bites to have a nice rifle but no decent hunting quality ammo. Sincerely. bruce.

Sunray
10-25-2017, 11:51
Pendleton Ammunition is expensive commercial reloads. Just the bullets are imports.
It appears Graf's is getting out of carrying their stuff. All of it is on 'Clearance'. No 7.5 x 55 listed on Pendleton's site, but their ammo starts at $41.99 and goes way up.

aintright
10-26-2017, 01:48
Thanks for pointing that out Sunray . I didn't read the small print on Grafs site . And after your post I went to Pendleton's site . You are right , that's some expensive stuff .
I won't be playing with any of it .
Kenneth