PDA

View Full Version : time to ban trucks

leftyo
10-31-2017, 01:35
nut case running down a bike path in NY so far at least 6 dead. we better give up our trucks before they take all our vehicles away!

clintonhater
10-31-2017, 02:21
My fantasy come true! I hate the yuppie bastards (or senior seniles) that have made driving on our two-lane, hilly, shoulderless roads a nightmare as this idiotic craze has metastasized over the last dozen yrs. (I'm NOT talking about people actually using bikes for transportation, but merely indulging in the latest fad.)

JimF
10-31-2017, 05:09
Yup . . . .

It’s the “easy and readily availability” of these motor vehicles that are the cause of these deaths!!

They should be BANNED!!

After-all . . . .”If it saves just ONE life . . . . .”

We should, at the very least, limit the amount of fuel in the tanks of these vehicles . . . . say, to ten rounds . . . err, ounces!!

Yeah . . . That’s it!. . . .

That would eliminate these killings!!

bruce
10-31-2017, 06:07
Been riding bicycles for a very long time. Ride the road just like anyone else. My taxes pay just like anyone else. I pay at the pump when I buy gasoline, etc. same as anyone else. Everyone I know that rides bicycles do the same as I do ... pay taxes at the pump for their gas. Those road use taxes pay the cost of the roads. The roads are not reserved for motor vehicle traffic. Anyone is permitted to use the roads as per law. When I am driving my car and come up on a motor cycle or a bicyclist, I use due caution recognizing that it is incumbent upon me to use good sense and not put anyone in danger or worse yet hurt someone simply because I failed to be careful, yield right of way, etc. Cannot understand why some folks get so extremely upset when someone else is riding a bicycle on the road. I have run for years. I always run on the road. I do not and will not run on the side of the road. I run on the road. I run facing traffic. Only occasionally had a problem with someone who wanted to slow down and rant. Have noticed that they never stop their vehicle and get out and actually step up and say anything. Guess they just want to rant. The re is no reason for any reasonable person to get all upset when they are driving their vehicle and come up on someone else riding a bicycle ... or running, walking, etc. No one has the right to expect someone else to get over and let them blast by. Just use your brake, slow up, go around them when the other lane is clear and go on about your business. This applies to any roadway ... city, county or state. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.

blackhawknj
10-31-2017, 06:14
I am a bicyclist, I pay taxes, and I vote. I note the guns involved were imitation ones, so they can't play the gun control card.

leftyo
10-31-2017, 06:25
I am a bicyclist, I pay taxes, and I vote. I note the guns involved were imitation ones, so they can't play the gun control card.

thats why we have to ban trucks!

clintonhater
10-31-2017, 06:36
Been riding bicycles for a very long time. Ride the road just like anyone else. My taxes pay just like anyone else. I pay at the pump when I buy gasoline, etc. same as anyone else. Everyone I know that rides bicycles do the same as I do ... pay taxes at the pump for their gas. Those road use taxes pay the cost of the roads. The roads are not reserved for motor vehicle traffic.

But they should be. EVERY vehicle using the road should be licensed and insured, exactly as motor vehicles. I own 3 motor vehicles, and have to pay 3 separate insurance coverages, even though I can only drive one at a time!

dryheat
10-31-2017, 07:36
Ban Muzlims from a country with a goofy name like Ubiquestan(google prompt couldn't find it). Ones with stupid black beards and no mustache(that I can spell).
Do I have to point out everything?

Sunray
11-01-2017, 12:02
It's the automatic transmission that should be banned. That'd clear most of the idiots off the roads.
"...Google prompt couldn't find it..." Isn't spelt correctly. Try Uzbekistan. It's near Azerbaijan and Kyrgyzstan. snicker.
"...Ones with stupid black beards and no mustache..." Are Amish.

Allen
11-01-2017, 01:15
Assault trucks. What makes them really wicked is the black paint job, 30 gallon fuel tank, silencer muffler and gun rack along with the automatic transmission.

Bush H. banned Chinese made firearms because they were priced cheap yet we continue to import everything else including the typical "assault truck".

Dan Shapiro
11-01-2017, 02:21
I'm all for a background check and 10 day waiting period on renting trucks.

As for that SOB in New York................GET A ROPE!

Fred Pillot
11-01-2017, 03:45
I heard one MSM reporter saying that some terrorists aren't even using weapons any more i.e. rifle/pistol, they are using tools now i.e. vehicles. Just another PC bozo.

Allen
11-01-2017, 03:53
I'm all for a background check and 10 day waiting period on renting trucks.

But don't hang him with it. Put it around his neck and drag his worthless muslim arse down the highway using a Home Depot rental truck. Let family members of the victims drive and sit in the back to "cheer him on".

Major Tom
11-02-2017, 04:52
Bozos riding bikes in their skin tight speedo outfits, 2 riders taking up the entire lane of road, octogenerions riding 3 wheel bikes looking for soda/beer cans to get the can deposit, bike riders running stop signs/lights, etc, etc, etc. BTW, my avatar picture is my Grandson's fat tire bike with his AR attached. He rides defensively.

clintonhater
11-02-2017, 06:26
Bozos riding bikes in their skin tight speedo outfits, 2 riders taking up the entire lane of road, octogenerions riding 3 wheel bikes looking for soda/beer cans to get the can deposit, bike riders running stop signs/lights, etc, etc, etc.

Although in this state, no registration or insurance is required (as it is even for a mo-ped), spandex & cry-baby hats are absolutely mandatory! Makes me marvel that, growing up in the country and riding miles almost every day, I survived this perilous activity.

And whatever the circumstances, a motorist involved in a car-bike collision is automatically assumed the cause of the accident unless he can somehow prove otherwise.

JB White
11-02-2017, 07:21
Although in this state, no registration or insurance is required (as it is even for a mo-ped), spandex & cry-baby hats are absolutely mandatory! Makes me marvel that, growing up in the country and riding miles almost every day, I survived this perilous activity.

And whatever the circumstances, a motorist involved in a car-bike collision is automatically assumed the cause of the accident unless he can somehow prove otherwise.

Even if someone clips a cyclist using the left turn lane, at night with no lights or reflectors. See the cycle weenies doing that all the time at four and six lane intersections. Their argument is they're supposed to follow the traffic laws. Hold on now just a minute underpants boy wearing a painted armadillo hat. Your're to obey the traffic LAWS, not follow the motorized traffic PATTERNS. They just don't get the part about cyclists navigating intersections the same as pedestrians. It's in the book!

Know of a person who was sideswiped by a cycle weenie while making a left. Guess who was ticketed.

clintonhater
11-02-2017, 08:10
No license, insurance, or registration required for bikes in NY, the highest-taxing state in the country. So we get this: http://gothamist.com/2014/09/23/cyclist_who_killed_woman_in_central.php

Likewise, in San Fran: http://gothamist.com/2014/09/23/cyclist_who_killed_woman_in_central.php

And London: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/15/crash-cyclist-shouted-charlie-alliston-pedestrian-lay-wounded

Former Cav
11-09-2017, 11:18
which one?
Cuomo?
Bloomberg?
or the truck driver alluah akbar dude?

clintonhater
11-09-2017, 07:24
which one?
Cuomo?
Bloomberg?
or the truck driver alluah akbar dude?

No contest: Cuomo. He wants badly to be Prez, and I sincerely hope the Dems give him the chance...because his face, voice, & asshole personality is so revolting that even NY Dems are sick of him.

Allen
11-09-2017, 07:45
No contest: Cuomo. He wants badly to be Prez, and I sincerely hope the Dems give him the chance...because his face, voice, & asshole personality is so revolting that even NY Dems are sick of him.

One would think so but for the illegal's and those who thrive on welfare and free healthcare the bigger the asshole the better. I have zero faith in the American voters. Though Trump won the election he should have won by a much larger margin. It is very disturbing to me that hillary got as many votes as she did. The least bit of good or bad news whether true or fabricated could and would have turned the election. Never underestimate the democrat votes, remember, the dead vote democrat and they vote often. Also the POS federal and state liberal judges can sway an election by ordering no ID checks. Then there are those that count the ballots. Hopefully Trump will get some of this mess ironed out in the time he has left in office.