PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

Former Cav
11-10-2017, 06:28
Going out with a few other couples to get our "freebee" veterans meal.
check this one out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kX_3y3u5Uo
To ALL our "GI's"
Cav

BEAR
11-10-2017, 10:22
My grandson: "What's wrong grandad?"
Me: "Nothing, just got some dust in my eyes."
Grandson, patting my hand: "I know, grandad, and it hurts too."

From the mouth of babes

Jiminvirginia
11-10-2017, 02:20
The veterans get too much attention while the ones who kept the home front get no recognition. The wives, mothers, etc. JMHO.

BlitzKrieg
11-11-2017, 09:23
The veterans get too much attention while the ones who kept the home front get no recognition. The wives, mothers, etc. JMHO.

Really...you were not in the Viet Nam war obviously. This nation turned its back on vets from that war and then after Desert Storm , the theme was Welcome Back VN Vets...a guilty nation trying to smooth over its
neglect for VN vets. Wives / mothers / vets from Viet Nam War were totally forgotten for decades after Viet Nam ended.

Today there is at least an effort not to neglect the current generation of vets who've endured 17 yrs of miserable sandbox wars. Having been in Iraq and Afghanistan, its a bit worse environment than what Viet Nam was but any bad day in any war is just a terrible day.

Former Cav
11-11-2017, 09:54
neglect for VN vets. Wives / mothers / vets from Viet Nam War were totally forgotten for decades after Viet Nam ended.

a lot of that depends on where you live too. some of that HATRED of Nam vets is STILL going on. I know of it first hand.
I finally ESCAPED from MN in 05.

I support all OUR vets and soldiers being a combat wounded one myself.
I DO NOT support the NFL nor will I for what little life I have left to live.