PDA

View Full Version : Harry Reid, the DOD, and UFOs

togor
12-16-2017, 12:24
Interesting article. I've never seen one, but my brother remembers seeing some strange lights in the sky as a kid. And of course aviators have seen strange things for a long time.

I also knew a guy who worked as an ATC at the KC regional center (we flew through his airspace on our honeymoon and he got the crew to give us a free bottle of champagne!) I asked him if he ever saw anything really strange on his Raytheon display, and he gave my a kind of scripted answer (which he repeated) while his eyes said "hell yeah". But whether it was military or something else he probably never knew.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Sako
12-16-2017, 05:22
I wanted to be a spaceman, that's what I wanted to be
But now that I am a spaceman
Nobody cares about me

dryheat
12-16-2017, 08:47
Lyrics to a song?
When we are somehow pissing away money to pay off Bimbos from thirty years ago, it doesn't surprise me that nutty members of our government are giving their buddies millions to chase down Blinking Lights in the sky. Hey, want to hear my old refrain? No? Tough, your gonna hear it anyway; We could all have gold doorknobs on our houses, if we could just keep the money we pay in taxes.

jon_norstog
12-16-2017, 09:14
I've seen UFOs and I STILL don't "believe" in them. I'd love to know what it was I saw, though.

jn

dryheat
12-16-2017, 09:25
Do you live near a swamp?
Here in Phx. we are still hearing(on the "news")about the mysterious lights from ten years ago. C'mon, I've seen those lights dozens of times since I was in high school. We live next to Luke Airforce base. They do maneuvers and the jets drop flares. They "mysteriously" line up in a row(kind of like a squadron of UFO's). It's just a joke and the "news" knows it but less than A students will, with sincerity say, "I seen it". I don't think they even take it seriously, but it's a conversation starter.
UFO means Unidentified Flying Object(kind of old school these days). I could get hit with a snowball and not know what it was that hit me, that doesn't necesarrilly(god, I hate spelling that word)mean it was from outer space.

RED
12-17-2017, 02:48
I asked him if he ever saw anything really strange on his Raytheon display,

I spent hundreds of hours looking at radar screens both in the air and on the ground and I saw thousands of things I didn't know what were especially at night. As everyone knows, you can hear strange radio stations at night from other countries. Ham operators call it the skip. One clear fall day I was the "STAR" controller and we had 10, T-39's off the coast of SE Georgia doing intercepts in a restricted area. A unidentified aircraft traversed the area from north to south It was a huge return (5X larger than the Saberliners) with no IFF. All 5 of my controllers saw the object and all of us timed the speed and agreed that it was mach 3+. It had to be really high and none of the crews in the T-39's could see it and there were no contrails. SR-71??? Maybe?

And no, I don't believe in alien space craft.

togor
12-17-2017, 02:48
The other thing he told me us how AF1 is controlled. Now this is some years ago, maybe things have changed. Back then you didn't control AF1, you just kept everything else away from it. The pilot would indicate relative changes in heading and altitude in advance. This was regional airspace control. I would think departure and approach work a little different.

I got the overall impression from talking to him that above 10,000 ft we have a government run police state.

SysAd
12-20-2017, 08:38
My mother swore she saw one in the early 50's over the back side of Mt. Shasta. I don't know what it was, but she rarely told anyone for fear of being considered an idiot. Given that our sun is a second generation star, it's ridiculous to reject the possibility that there are more advanced beings in the universe.

Allen
12-20-2017, 09:39
I spent hundreds of hours looking at radar screens both in the air and on the ground and I saw thousands of things I didn't know what were especially at night. SR-71??? Maybe?

TR-3B ?

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-488531

http://www.darkgovernment.com/news/tr-3b/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_triangle_(UFO)

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_extraterrestrialtech07.htm

Vern Humphrey
12-20-2017, 02:10
I was in a crowded elevator once, and there was an unbelieveable stench. We never did catch the culprit -- so Unidentified Farting Objects DO exist.

RED
12-20-2017, 02:50
My mother swore she saw one in the early 50's over the back side of Mt. Shasta. I don't know what it was, but she rarely told anyone for fear of being considered an idiot. Given that our sun is a second generation star, it's ridiculous to reject the possibility that there are more advanced beings in the universe.

I strongly support the idea that intelligent life is thriving on many planets Many evangelists (not only Christian) do not believe other sentient beings exist elsewhere in the universe.

To me that is the same thing as denying there is a God. If God created man in his image, why would he limit life to only one tiny little planet and why would he make that being a human?

Darreld Walton
12-27-2017, 05:31
Tiime to get Mulder and Scully out of retirement to figure it all out......

98src
12-28-2017, 05:18
I saw the same thing this morning. Hovering over Oak ridge, TN. Watched it for about 30 minutes. It was still visible after the stars were not.