PDA

View Full Version : arvo ojala artist

free1954
12-17-2017, 04:19
I seen him in a western movie the other day. fast draw artist. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arvo_Ojala

bruce
12-17-2017, 05:04
Tremendous fellow! Have long known of his work in the movies and TV westerns, teaching, developing and making holsters, etc. Was not aware of just how fast he was in drawing and firing especially with live ammunition. Truly remarkable. Especially note that he taught Marylin Monroe fast draw. Gives a new insight into her beyond mere common info. about her stages roles, etc. Thank you for this post. Sincerely. bruce.

JB White
12-17-2017, 10:16
I didn't know his name, but I knew he was the one who taught Arness and Garner among others. I recall him saying that in spite of Garners character (Maverick) he was the most natural and one of the quickest in real life.

Former Cav
12-17-2017, 03:45
hmmm....teaching Marilyn Monroe how to quick draw ! I don't recall her being in a western, but then, the only movie I can name that she was in was "bus stop"
IMHO....the kennedy's took part in her death!

ray55classic
12-17-2017, 08:24
It was probably for River of No Return she used a gun in it but I don't remember her quick drawing ,
but she was also in The Misfits , Niagara , Some Like It Hot , Seven Year Itch , Gentleman Prefer Blondes, etc etc etc .
And I certainly wouldn't put it past RFK or his minions to shut her up.

free1954
12-18-2017, 04:55
seen his name on the closing credits , wonder who the heck is that? looked him up on line never expecting that to be a finnish name. if you notice in the beginning of GUNSMOKE matt dillion fires last.