Dan Shapiro
12-29-2017, 04:20
Think about it................:icon_scratch:

aintright
12-29-2017, 09:39
Makes two of us

JB White
12-30-2017, 05:13
So long as it's "service with a smile" people will vote for it.

free1954
12-30-2017, 05:34
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_You_Being_Served%3F

clintonhater
01-01-2018, 07:03
Every one of those gov't "service" employees are being served by taxpayers with jobs-for-life and gold-plated benefits & retirement packages.

By the way, growing up with horses & horse people, I happen to know that a stallion covers a mare. Less certain about bulls, but I suspect it may be the same.

bruce
01-02-2018, 06:47
Service is in the eye of the beholder. Just the other day I was talking with a gentleman who spoke glowingly of his service in the Army. Apparently all he was a musician. Made me think of a professor who directed the choir, tour ensemble, etc. of the university where I was a student. Gorgeous tenor voice. Sang at the White House. USMC. Still ... hard to think of someone playing musical instruments, singing, etc. as serving the nation. Yet we speak of military service as though one and all military personnel "serve" the nation. About the same with other forms of govt. service. Maybe someone thinks our nation needs such people in such places of service. Maybe someone thinks they are overpaid and over provided for in retirement, etc. For my part, I can't see any use for such stuff in the military. But then there are those who can't see any use for people who "serve" the nation in forestry, geology, foreign relations, customs, etc. Guess service is in the eye of the beholder. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.

clintonhater
01-02-2018, 09:15
Yet we speak of military service as though one and all military personnel "serve" the nation.

Well, you can say the 85-90% of military personnel who drive supply trucks, stock warehouses, do office work (such as that model soldier Bradley Manning), etc. are "serving" the trigger-pullers on the front lines. A Marine friend of mine served two tours in VN and never left Saigon.

Former Cav
01-02-2018, 01:12
Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
Yet we speak of military service as though one and all military personnel "serve" the nation.

Well, you can say the 85-90% of military personnel who drive supply trucks, stock warehouses, do office work (such as that model soldier Bradley Manning), etc. are "serving" the trigger-pullers on the front lines. A Marine friend of mine served two tours in VN and never left Saigon.

Quit your *itchin. Heck, I get "serviced" by the VA. NOT

they need to change their name to "veterans SERVICE administration"