PDA

View Full Version : Franklin Armory binary trigger

JB White
01-13-2018, 11:06
Has anyone installed one of these? I know FA is planning to release a short barrel version *firearm* which for now skirts around NFA regs. (The Reformation)
Let's see if I got the workings down correct? Pull the trigger *BANG*. Release the trigger *BANG*. Technically it's two rounds per a single complete cycle of the trigger?

Is it just me, or am I the only one seeing the potential for a lot of mishaps/accidents? It's an unnatural action vs. what we instinctively know. 'Let go of the trigger to stop firing'.

leftyo
01-13-2018, 11:10
a guns safety is between the ears. these have been out for some time now and havent heard of an "accident" yet. shotgunners have been using release triggers for 50yrs or more, and its a non issue.

Former Cav
01-18-2018, 06:14
batteries are for "dildos" and "vibrators" :eek:

JB White
01-19-2018, 01:48
There aren't any batteries involved as far as I can tell:

https://www.franklinarmory.com/blogs/news/the-firearms-blog-review-of-the-bfsiii

I see there that there is a way not to fire the second round once the trigger is pulled. Takes some careful handling but it is possible. Not something I would want the kids or newbies to have access to. Reminds me of when my father asked me why his grandson wasn't shooting live ammo at eleven years old. After all he had me shooting live just short of my 8th birthday. My reply was, "Because when told to stop he often goes *BANG* then asks Why?"
At the time we were shooting at a sand pit where dirt bikers used to suddenly appear about 150 yards beyond our targets.
Same place where Indiana Troopers would sometimes stop us to check ID's and permission when seeing out of state plates on our cars. "Stop shooting guys" *BANG!* is not the way to start a conversation with a LEO.