PDA

View Full Version : Bombardier wins

Ken The Kanuck
01-27-2018, 10:08
To be honest with you I do not know the nuts and bolts of the supposed problem, but it is good to see that there must be some fairness in these trade disputes for the US to rule against itself. Given the present theme of America First I am quite surprised and pleased. May there is hope for fair trade between our countries.

KTK

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-42825916

clintonhater
01-27-2018, 11:48
Well, it's a relief to US workers in the big railcar plant Bombardier built just across the Quebec border in Plattsburgh, NY; top flight pay & benefits, I've heard. Of course, they can afford to be generous after getting the 10-yr state tax exemption given them by NYS. But that's no different from what the southern states are doing to attract foreign car makers.

Mark in Ottawa
01-27-2018, 04:43
It has never been clear to me why Boeing chose to file the complaint. They do not make aircraft that compete in Bombardier's market and as I understand it, their complaint was thrown out because they could not show that they had been harmed by Bombardier. On the other hand the Canadian Government was so upset that they stopped an impending multi billion dollar contract with Boeing for the purchase of a small fleet of Super Hornets.

Sunray
01-28-2018, 09:47
Boeing chose to file the complaint because they thought they'd jump on The Donald's protectionist band wagon.
"...purchase of a small fleet of Super Hornets..." So Junior could put off buying new aircraft just like his communist daddy did. Junior didn't want to just carry on with buying the F-35's we've been part of developing. More expected delays with the Lightening II anyway. Politics at its finest.

togor
01-30-2018, 04:03
Canada is mad at us? Nobody down here noticed.