PDA

View Full Version : Nothing New

warbrds
01-27-2018, 05:36
It seems to me that all people post is links to articles
Does anybody have something new to say

I realize I am new here, but I rarely come here because it is a lot of re-posts....

Some of the sub forums have subjects that are months old.......

Nothing new except the bashing of other members

Say what you wish, but I came here for information, and I am sadly, not able to get that....

clintonhater
01-27-2018, 08:17
Say what you wish, but I came here for information, and I am sadly, not able to get that....

Please give us an example of one of your requests for info that failed to elicit a response. Or do you expect the info to be provided before you've asked for it?

JB White
01-27-2018, 09:29
Please give us an example of one of your requests for info that failed to elicit a response. Or do you expect the info to be provided before you've asked for it?

Wondering that myself.

I looked into your post history and the only request made on the open boards was on the M1917. You got answers, but that was a few years ago. Aside from that it's been posts on the trader board and some random comments here and there. At least that's all I could tell at a glance.

So, I suggest asking for what you need. Or...did you read a few similar comments on another thread and decide to jump into the mix with a thread of your own? To what end?

Major Tom
01-28-2018, 05:06
When people post links to articles I never click on those because of a possible computer virus.

JB White
01-28-2018, 05:23
Tom, I'm cautious about that too although I do open some. Most of the links are merely citing sources to substantiate the basis for their opinion, or so other can read the source and form their own opinions/evaluations. Most times there is no harm. However, there have been times when the safe surfing software went crazy. Therefore I find no fault in your decision.

clintonhater
01-28-2018, 06:13
When people post links to articles I never click on those because of a possible computer virus.

If the link is to some website like those of newspapers, TV networks, or any well-known organization, my assumption is that their security protection is probably better than the system in place here. Never had a problem using them. There's probably a greater threat in communicating by email with some private individual who's computer has, unknown to them, become infected when that person carelessly responded to some phony "phishing" email; those I always ignore.

Clark Howard
01-28-2018, 11:32
I would suggest that you try another forum that might better meet your requirements. Regards, Clark