PDA

View Full Version : Four of our Peacocks just now...

Fred
02-27-2018, 12:37
I thought the color of these birds in the sunlight was interesting. Sorry that my photo comes out sideways. Apparently, there's nothing I can do about it

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

JB White
02-27-2018, 09:02
Nothing more beautiful than the iridescence of a ringneck taking flight on a bright frosty morning. One lived another day because I just watched it fly. Peacocks come pretty close.

Allen
02-28-2018, 04:08
Golden pheasants are pretty too.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A2KLfSAUm5ZatukAfE5XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0 M2t1ODlnBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjQwMzdfMQRzZW MDcGl2cw--?p=golden+pheasants&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t

Griff Murphey
02-28-2018, 04:57
I have had the same problem with photos, the site seems to prefer to orient the photos like a postcard, longways horizontal.
You can go into your phone and possibly edit the pix to be set up that way or try to remember it when you are taking photos.

Fred
02-28-2018, 05:30
I can post photos that are wide but not vertical. Been that way for some time. However when outside, I just took photos and thought later about posting them here. Shoulda remembered.

JB White
02-28-2018, 07:53
That's OK Fred. Photos came out OK. Just had to tip my monitor over on its side. I reckon it might have been easier to tilt my head a tad?
Thanks for posting it. It brought back a lot of pleasant memories.

Out of curiosity, what made you decide to raise peafowl?

Major Tom
02-28-2018, 08:04
My Father-in-Law lived in Arcadia, CA just outside the arboretum. Peacocks were everywhere doing the screaming thing and of course pooping all over everything. They are protected there and strict laws and fines for injuring them. Fun to watch especially when little ones are following momma around. We would feed them popcorn and bread. Parrots abounded too. Ducks would fly in and swim in the pool.

Allen
02-28-2018, 08:05
We never had peacocks but our distant neighbors did so I was always sorta around them when growing up. Most folks don't realize this but a lot of the old, old horror movies have sounds of peacocks in the background. Suppose to be scary I guess.

Nice pics. Do the "cocks" fight amongst themselves like roosters?