PDA

View Full Version : walmart raises the minimum age to buy a firearm

dryheat
02-28-2018, 10:24
Walmart has raised the minimum age to buy a firearm to 21. Great, the prime time for loonism. Like 21 year old's aren't crazy. In this day and age, it seems fifty percent of the populous is made up of suicidal maniacs. Way to go Walmart. That'll help.
How 'bout no one under the age of 25. Can never have been in jail. Completed high school. Has a job. Isn't on food stamps. Has never shot up heroin. Isn't a male who thinks he's a woman. Isn't a woman who might be a male. How 'bout only selling guns to people who have actually hunted, killed, skinned, preserved game. Oh, I know, how 'bout only males that actually know who their father is. How 'bout only selling guns to males whose fathers haven't shot up heroin, who don't think they might be lesbians in a mans body.
I have to think of everything.

clintonhater
03-01-2018, 05:58
Walmart has raised the minimum age to buy a firearm to 21.

But that doesn't really mean, I don't think, that a minor can't have a firearm, provided by someone else such as a family member, in his possession; most states allow a minor to obtain a hunting license at about 16, so obviously the legal assumption is that the gun used is going to be provided by an adult.

Allen
03-01-2018, 06:06
Meanwhile all the criminals are saying "Oh sheeeet, where do I find a gun now?"

All the minors are saying "Oh sheeeet, I didn't have the money to buy one anyway, guess I'll just take one of dad's guns."

Clark Howard
03-01-2018, 06:56
The age limit is a moot point when 99% of guns, long or short, used in crime, are in the possession of criminals who cannot legally possess a firearm. The only individuals who are inhibited by an age limit are the innocent, law-abiding, young shooters and hunters. The dems resist the prosecution of criminals with guns (Promise Act), but seek to penalize the legitimate citizen. Regards, Clark

Griff Murphey
03-01-2018, 07:05
In all of this youth marksmanship and hunting in the traditional and responsible way is probably much in danger of being lost. I had my NRA junior rifle course in 6th grade at age 11 and was learning the 1907 sling, 4 positions, had the keys to the gun cabinet, and a 20 ga. JC Higgins pump and ammo in my bedroom. Gun-involved crime and murder are down but so much publicity is given to these nut case kids going bonkers and killing each other I see a bunch of restrictions being put on youth possession and use of guns. As the Brits say, a "Sticky Wicket."

My old club, long closed Fort Worth Rifle and Pistol, would issue a gate key to no one under 18. Because I was an enthusiastic (if not very good) beginning high power shooter the club made an exception and I had a key at 16. I am sure most guys on this forum had guns and ammo at their disposal at equally young if not younger ages.

To kind iof echo what Clark Howard said I listened to a bit of the Dallas City Council meeting yesterday and liberal speaker after liberal speaker wanted to repeal the city charter's prohibition of felons serving on their City Council and in high city office.

clintonhater
03-01-2018, 07:43
I see a bunch of restrictions being put on youth possession and use of guns.

Now that's a different proposition entirely from legal age to buy, and should be fought tooth & nail if any such restrictions were proposed. But your own story illustrates the very point I was making--that not being legally able to purchase did not restrict your access to guns.

clintonhater
03-01-2018, 07:53
To kind iof echo what Clark Howard said I listened to a bit of the Dallas City Council meeting yesterday and liberal speaker after liberal speaker wanted to repeal the city charter's prohibition of felons serving on their City Council and in high city office.

Dallas, like every other big city, has been taken over by the lowest dregs of society, because the decent folk moved to the suburbs as the social parasites encroached on their neighborhoods. Same story all over the country.

kickshot7
03-06-2018, 06:34
Meanwhile all the criminals are saying "Oh sheeeet, where do I find a gun now?"

All the minors are saying "Oh sheeeet, I didn't have the money to buy one anyway, guess I'll just take one of dad's guns."

WRONG !!!
I bet all the criminals will be happy because they’ll sell more now then ever. Simple demand and supply bro.