PDA

View Full Version : get rid of the AR-15 !!

Former Cav
03-02-2018, 07:40
Interesting that the media and all of the demmocommies are after the ar15.
Remember back when the AK-47 lookalikes were the "target"?
Must be a rise in AR's due to pricing of late. I've seen AR's advertised for as low as 399 bucks complete.
Makes one wonder what will be on the next "ban list"

clintonhater
03-02-2018, 07:51
I've seen AR's advertised for as low as 399 bucks complete.

Thanks to Parkland, you could double, maybe triple, your money for every one bought at that price!

Sunray
03-02-2018, 09:49
What do you mean 'were'? Just because the media hacks are focusing on AR's doesn't mean they no longer want your AK.
"...you could double..." Not if the private ownership of AR-15's is banned outright, either Federally or by a specific State. When the ATF exported their "Once an MG..." nonsense to Canada, the value of semi'd milsurp battle rifles stopped rising altogether. Paid about $600Cdn for my semi'd Winchester M-14. It's virtually worthless now. So are hundreds, if not thousand, of other semi'd milsurp battle rifles.

Allen
03-02-2018, 10:01
Paid about $600Cdn for my semi'd Winchester M-14. It's virtually worthless now. So are hundreds, if not thousand, of other semi'd milsurp battle rifles.

Canada's gun laws DO suck but so do ours. That U.S. made Win M-14 was not available to us at all. By grinding off the lug on the bottom or the receiver the gun could not be made to fire full auto and our surplus rifles were sold in Canada with that modification but not allowed here. Here in America with the mere wording of M-14 the receiver had to be destroyed period. Stupid, wasteful and power grabbing typical gun policies of our government. M2 carbines, the same story.

Clark Howard
03-03-2018, 12:36
The list of firearms that the dems wish to ban is long and comprehensive. The AR is simply the top of the list. Our lib friends will not be happy until they remove all means of resisting their agenda from the hands of the common citizen. Those who think that the dems will be satisfied with the banning of the ARs, have simply no awareness of the history of totalitarian/royal regimes. Our Constitution was written to protect us from these people. They understand, "shall not be infringed", but are committed to erasing it, one gun at a time. It is up to us to defeat them. Regards, Clark

Allen
03-03-2018, 12:58
The list of firearms that the dems wish to ban is long and comprehensive. The AR is simply the top of the list. Our lib friends will not be happy until they remove all means of resisting their agenda from the hands of the common citizen.

And the AR's shoot a bullet the size of a BB. Wait till they get wind of the Barrett 82A1 and M107A1.

Dan Shapiro
03-03-2018, 02:35
They showed their true intentions at the CNN Hatefest in Parkland. When the idea of banning ALL semi-automatics came up, the crowd went wild.

The biggest lie the Democrats use is "We're not coming after your guns!"

With all the RED FLAGS that POS in Florida threw down - every one was ignored. So the solution is to pass more laws.

Mark in Ottawa
03-04-2018, 07:39
Canadian firearms laws are a bit weird and inconsistent for sure. For example, the FN-C1 rifle is categorized as prohibited. The FN was the former battle rifle of the Canadian armed forces and most NATO countries other than the USA. The most common C1 version is a semi automatic rifle with a 20 round magazine in caliber 7.62 x 51 - functionally similar to an M14 that has been modified to semi-auto only. A semi auto version of an M14 rifle however is not prohibited or even restricted. A Chinese copy is readily available from Marstar for $649 (Canadian) - about $500 US. See http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/product.jsp?productid=96801 The only limitations are that the barrel length must be at least 18.5 inches and the magazine must be limited to 5 rounds. I think that the rationale is that the M14 is not scary looking. Go figure!

Former Cav
03-04-2018, 10:40
I think that the rationale is that the M14 is not scary looking. Go figure!
there is a LOT of mental illness, we have people who are afraid of 100 year old statues and they need to have the HISTORIC statues removed!
I can't believe as a society we allow this crap to happen.
Need to open up mental hospitals (insane asylums they used to call them) like we had prior to 1980 in the USA.
We are NOT saving any money by letting the nuts run wild and then they commit crimes and end up in prison. Prison isn't "cheap" either!!

Allen
03-04-2018, 12:46
Some people could be considered mentally ill because they are afraid of guns and gun rights. Being deemed as such they shouldn't be allowed to run for political office or vote.

Marty T.
03-05-2018, 07:44
Still say we need to quit trying to blame a gun for a person's actions. Will not get anywhere near to resolving the problem till the problem is recognized and attacked.

blackhawknj
03-05-2018, 09:20
Better to blame guns than recreational drugs or these mind warping concoctions that are passed off as medicines.

Marty T.
03-06-2018, 05:03
Not better, just easier.

togor
03-06-2018, 05:23
Still say we need to quit trying to blame a gun for a person's actions. Will not get anywhere near to resolving the problem till the problem is recognized and attacked.

And what is the problem if not people who shouldn't have guns doing bad things with them? Swap those AR-15s in their hands for foam noodles (like for swimming pools) and they do a lot less damage.

When people want to see nothing at all changed, they talk about "not blaming the gun." I'm yet to see that piece of advice followed up with a serious suggestion. It's always someone else's responsibility to come up with the big ideas. Just don't blame the gun. I wish people would be honest and say that these problems don't affect them so don't fix a thing.

Marty T.
03-06-2018, 06:08
You idiot, they DO affect me. I own guns too, but until you realize that people are going to kill no matter what the weapon is, NO, things will not change. PEOPLE don't value life and PEOPLE don't want to follow the law, therefore, the SOLUTION you so seek is NOT getting rid of the guns, it is PUNISHING the USER (PEOPLE). So if you are so hot and bothered to get rid of the guns, set us an example and get rid of yours and get off the gun forums!!!

togor
03-06-2018, 07:03
Marty like you I want to keep what I have. The question is whether or not stonewalling will continue to work. That is genuine topic of debate. The NRA is bankrolled by industry. Industry needs sales to survive. On the other hand there is evidence that the number of gun problems in society goes up in proportion to the number of guns. So my view is that stonewalling will work right up to the moment it fails.

What I wonder is...can something be done to reduce the firepower in criminal and anti-social hands so as to reduce the degree of damage done to society by criminal and anti-social types. As you suggest a nut may kill because the that's what the voices are telling him to do. But he may kill less with a carving knife than with an AR. Degree matters.

The issue is that it's impossible to make it harder for criminals to get guns without adding inconvenience for law abiding citizens at the same time. And for the NRA and the industry that is a no-go because it will reduce sales and general enthusiasm for the activity.

Vern Humphrey
03-06-2018, 12:24
Some people could be considered mentally ill because they are afraid of guns and gun rights. Being deemed as such they shouldn't be allowed to run for political office or vote.

Well, that's a good point. If you can't have a gun, why should you be allowed to vote?

kickshot7
03-06-2018, 12:51
CNN is anti- everything American.
It’s like a comedy show when I tune the station and watch them complain and Showa all negative remarks and all their staged interviews. It’s hilarious

clintonhater
03-06-2018, 03:44
CNN is anti- everything American.
It’s like a comedy show when I tune the station and watch them complain and Showa all negative remarks and all their staged interviews. It’s hilarious

PBS is no better. Tonight, for ex., there was a long interview with a renegade ex-Border Patrol agent who supports open borders, and cries in his pillow over the "aggression" he was forced to inflict on wetbacks. Doesn't look over 40, so he can't have served long.

Now, he's entitled to his opinion, but out of the thousands of BP agents who COULD have been interviewed, why do you suppose HE was the one chosen?

- - - Updated - - -

The NRA is bankrolled by industry.

I hope the industry IS kicking in, but I've never heard that this is true. Where did you come by this info? And if the industry is supporting NRA in any significant way, way am I getting solicitations for contributions every month in the mail, and sometimes phone calls?

leftyo
03-06-2018, 04:09
And what is the problem if not people who shouldn't have guns doing bad things with them? Swap those AR-15s in their hands for foam noodles (like for swimming pools) and they do a lot less damage.

When people want to see nothing at all changed, they talk about "not blaming the gun." I'm yet to see that piece of advice followed up with a serious suggestion. It's always someone else's responsibility to come up with the big ideas. Just don't blame the gun. I wish people would be honest and say that these problems don't affect them so don't fix a thing.

your the person who doesnt want to fix anything. just keep doing the same thing over and over again "pass more laws" yup that'll work! we have such a great track record of our enumerable laws preventing crimes, so lets pass more and stick our heads in the sand because they dont do anything!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

its amazing how many cars get blamed for killing people isnt it(no different than any other tool used to commit crimes, yet they blame guns)? the liberals just dont get that its not the tool, and mere regulations wont stop crime. it will not stop or be reduced until people quit crying about passing more laws, and actually do something positive. like enforce our laws, teach our children right from wrong, etc, etc. more useless words on paper is in effect doing nothing!

kickshot7
03-06-2018, 04:39
[QUOTE=clintonhater;522865]PBS is no better. Tonight, for ex., there was a long interview with a renegade ex-Border Patrol agent who supports open borders, and cries in his pillow over the "aggression" he was forced to inflict on wetbacks. Doesn't look over 40, so he can't have served long.

Now, he's entitled to his opinion, but out of the thousands of BP agents who COULD have been interviewed, why do you suppose HE was the one chosen?

- - - Updated - - -

its really hard to get reliable news these days, MSM Does not concern themselves with accuracy, authenticity etc.
its all about entertainment and showing people laughable and judgemental.

Dan Shapiro
03-06-2018, 05:03
there is evidence that the number of gun problems in society goes up in proportion to the number of guns

Really? Then explain why Switzerland has FEWER "gun problems" than we do. Explain why, IIRC Sweden, has FEWER "gun problems" than we do, when the average citizen (who can afford the permit), can own just about anything up to and INCLUDING a .30 cal machine gun.