PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff Gets Rich in Prison!!!!

tmark
03-23-2018, 07:26
I saw on Inside Edition this sheriff runs the food service in the prison. It looked like the trays contain one hardboiled egg and some white stuff resembling mashed potatoes.

He said if the prisoners expect fried chicken, etc. they're in for a surprise.

Here's the kicker: any money left over from the food allotment (taxpayer's money), he gets to keep by law in Alabama.

Last year, according to IE, he pocketed $750,000 in taxpayer's money.

Evidently, crime DOES pay! The sheriff said he isn't doing anything wrong and if people don't like it, they can change the law that allows him to pocket the money.

leftyo
03-23-2018, 07:28
yup, everyone wants to blame the sheriff, but they should be blaming the people who wrote the laws.

Fred
03-23-2018, 07:42
Legal or not, the man is flushing his soul down the drain. He made his decision and is justifying it. Legal or not, right and wrong exist. He has shown his nature to everyone. Nobody cares because they don't have to deal with the job he does.

S.A. Boggs
03-24-2018, 12:59
Having eaten at our local jail the food wasn't too bad, better then what most would have gotten on the outside. Something else to consider, the CO's eat the same food unless they brown bag it. When I was a young deputy our jail cook was fantastic in preparing food with the money she had available, prisoners were know to gain weight in jail on her food.
Sam

togor
03-24-2018, 04:10
Legal or not, the man is flushing his soul down the drain. He made his decision and is justifying it. Legal or not, right and wrong exist. He has shown his nature to everyone. Nobody cares because they don't have to deal with the job he does.

Exactly!

Vern Humphrey
03-24-2018, 08:59
There was a case, in Wyoming, I believe, of a prisoner who gained so much weight in jail that when they finally hanged him, it pulled his head off.

togor
03-24-2018, 09:17
Starch is cheap and great for weight gain. There's a reason so many poor people can nonetheless be plus sized. Not healthy weight however.

Fred
03-24-2018, 09:43
There was a case, in Wyoming, I believe, of a prisoner who gained so much weight in jail that when they finally hanged him, it pulled his head off.

I know that happened to Black Jack Ketchum. There're two photos I've seen of that hanging. One where he is standing on the platform with a hood and noose on him.
The other photo shows his headless body lying on the ground under the platform, his hands still cuffed behind him. His hooded head lying two feet away.

JB White
03-24-2018, 11:04
I know that happened to Black Jack Ketchum. There're two photos I've seen of that hanging. One where he is standing on the platform with a hood and noose on him.
The other photo shows his headless body lying on the ground under the platform, his hands still cuffed behind him. His hooded head lying two feet away.

Bocce ball anyone?

http://www.executedtoday.com/images/Tom_Ketchum_decapitated.jpg

Story here: http://www.executedtoday.com/2010/04/26/1901-black-jack-tom-ketchum-clayton-hanging/