PDA

View Full Version : Cubs’ Ian Happ Hits Home Run On First Pitch Of Regular Season

RED
03-29-2018, 05:44
Yea!!! Yea!!! Yea!!! That's the best news I've heard for a while! The old adage is: "If you win the first one, you'll lose in the end." Some time next September, the Cubbies will need a homer to make the play offs... but it won't happen, it was already hit on opening day!

:banana100:

togor
03-29-2018, 06:46
Aw geeze another thing Red & I have in common....dislike of the Cubs.

leftyo
03-29-2018, 06:49
twins separated at birth! LOL

m1ashooter
03-29-2018, 10:05
The World Series Champions Astros George Springs hit a lead off homer today and his count was 2-0. The Astros's are undefeated at 1-0. As a long suffering Astros fan it give me joy to say undefeated.

JB White
03-30-2018, 03:18
Ha! I see Cardinals and Brewers fans shaking in their boots already! Makes me feel good. :)

Truth be told I see a very serious race in the NLC this year. Should be a great ride for all of us. Oh..just as I was feeling a little smug, the White Sox hammered out a lopsided slugfest over KC yesterday. Buckle up cuz here we go!

The World Series Champions Astros George Springs hit a lead off homer today and his count was 2-0. The Astros's are undefeated at 1-0. As a long suffering Astros fan it give me joy to say undefeated.

I've been wearing an Astros WS cap all winter. One of several Astros hats I wear. They were always my secondary favorite team in the NL. Now they're my #1 in the AL surpassing the Tigers who were my step fathers favorite. In 2005 the neighbors showed up to watch the WS game 1 at my house. Answered the door then wearing my Astros jersey and .45's hat. To have Houston follow the Cubs to a WS victory was icing on the cake.

People always ask me, "Why Houston?". Transplanted Tex-mex guys I hung out with. We lived a couple blocks from 'Cubs Park' (there was no Wrigleyville back then) so we always went to the games. Especially when the Astros came to town. Later I lived and worked in Houston for a few years. Also worked part time at the Astrodome in the 70's. Saw some baseball down there....and I liked it! :)

JB White
03-30-2018, 09:38
Red, you'll be happy to know the Cubs lost 2-1 to the Fish in 17 innings. One of the most interesting pitching duels I've seen in a while. So, the Cubs are only .500 on the season. :)