PDA

View Full Version : Head scratcher?

RED
04-18-2018, 05:56
I purchased some Duracell Quantum batteries at a local discount store and they were cheap so I bought 2 boxes of 24. (My grand kids are always wanting AA batteries for their toys and games.) I had never heard of Duracell Quantum batteries so I thought I would look them up. Here is a picture of the box they came in. Note: it states: “NO ALKALINE BATTERY - LASTS LONGER.”

They seem to work OK and as I said they were cheap.

But on the battery itself it says “Alkaline - - Assembled in USA”

All the reviews (some good, some not) refer it to as being an alkaline battery? What do you think... Is it is, or is it aint'.

togor
04-18-2018, 09:04
It's an Alkaline battery, maybe with some improvements. I think the claim you cite intends to say that no other battery in this class (alkaline) stores more Ampere-hours of usable charge. Supposedly a good battery, nice score for the grandkids.

Sunray
04-18-2018, 12:29
Quantum batteries are for powering your time machine. snicker.
Brand name batteries don't work or last any longer than store or no name batteries. Duracell Quantum's have a 10 year storage guarantee (5-year guarantee for 9V) though.

RED
04-19-2018, 03:39
Apparently the picture attached didn't work. The question is: The package containing the batteries states in plain print: NO ALKALINE BATTERY but the contents are indeed alkaline batteries...

I think the claim you cite intends to say that no other battery in this class (alkaline) stores more Ampere-hours of usable charge. Supposedly a good battery, nice score for the grandkids.

The claim I cite is the label clearly says NO ALKALINE BATTERY I will try to attach the picture again.

Liam
04-19-2018, 04:41
I think it is meant to imply "No (other) alkaline battery lasts longer." Smaller font over bolder font is merely graphic designer's whim.

RED
04-19-2018, 04:53
I think it is meant to imply "No (other) alkaline battery lasts longer." Smaller font over bolder font is merely graphic designer's whim.

Thank you... That makes sense. When I bought the batteries I thought the reason they were cheap was they were not alkaline batteries. They were about 1/2 the price of the gold top Duracells. Had I known that, I would have bought more.

Sako
04-19-2018, 08:34
What a low class advertising strategy.