PDA

View Full Version : Ordered from CMP lately?

RED
04-19-2018, 04:45
It has been a rough day...

The last time I ordered anything from CMP was sometime around 2007. Never any problem, Back then, I bought 3 Garands, and some other accessories. I recently ordered another Garand and some ammo on separate orders. I included with the M-1 order an address change and copies of my birth certificate, DD214, new AR drivers license, my CCW, VA card and the notarized page they require. The next week I sent in an email order for ammo with the current address in both the ship to and bill to information on the downloaded order form. I got a message back saying my club affiliation had expired so I sent them a copy of my Am. Legion card. The next thing I got was a message that the ammo had shipped to.. my old address.

It seems to me like everything I have tried to lately is a hassle. I bought a used car from the franchised Ford dealership in Springdale AR. All I have is the car, a bill of sale and copy of my cancelled check. It turns out they don't have a title to the car (as required by law). So I have spent $6k and can't sell, license, or register the car but worst of all, my insurance policy has been cancelled because the car is not licensed in the required time frame.

Yep, it has been a rough day... I went through the drive through at Sonic and ordered a hamburger. The gal on the speaker asked me if I wanted cheese on my hamburger? I said, "Gosh, I thought I ordered a hamburger." There was silence on the speaker so I went across the street to Bueno Taco. Over there I ordered one bueno taco and a medium coke... there was silence for over a minute so I went to Dollar General and bought a can of Vienna sausages and some crackers.

Jiminvirginia
04-19-2018, 06:21
Holy smokes RED hope tomorrow turns it all around. The car issue would fire my rockets. Hope that works out.

S.A. Boggs
04-19-2018, 08:12
With your luck, want to be President?
Sam

Sako
04-19-2018, 08:30
Well at least your consistent.

blackhawknj
04-19-2018, 08:46
All these things happened last Friday, of course ?

togor
04-20-2018, 04:01
Had similar experience with a used car once. Small used lot, previous owner had lost title and dealer (in MN) was slow on getting his signature for replacement paperwork so I could register and get a title. Giant PITA, have to just dog those guys, maybe threaten to call regulators. Good luck, hope it works out.

k arga
04-20-2018, 05:02
Red, call the head of the motor vehicle in your state , bet things will move along very fast.

JB White
04-20-2018, 07:16
How does he recover the ammo sent to someone else??

JOHN COOK
04-20-2018, 08:42
Just a thought> Why would anyone by a car without the seller showing you a title ? You shouldn't have to call anyone if title is in hand. No title , no sale..

john:eusa_boohoo:

dave
04-20-2018, 09:02
I have never had a dealer show me a title to a car I purchased. Never had a problem!

RED
04-20-2018, 02:47
Just a thought> Why would anyone by a car without the seller showing you a title ? You shouldn't have to call anyone if title is in hand. No title , no sale..

john:eusa_boohoo:

Obviously you have never purchased a used car from a licensed dealer in the State of Arkansas. According to AR State law the licensed dealer has 30 days to produce the title. This particular dealer has hundreds of used cars in 5 locations and it is understandable that a particular salesman would not necessarily have immediate access to a particular title. That's why they can issue a temporary tag that is good for 30 days. Even with a signed bill of sale and a cancelled check as proof of purchase, the DMV will not issue a new tag. In MO a bill of sale from a licensed dealer is all you need. A private vehicle sale is different... that's why dealers are required to have a license.

JOHN COOK
04-20-2018, 02:48
I have never had a dealer show me a title to a car I purchased. Never had a problem!

Well did you receive the title from the dealer? I've purchased several cars in the past and I was either given the title (to obtain tag) or signed an agreement with the dealer stating that they would handle getting the tags.. If you purchase with cash you get the title. If you finance the, the financial institution you use keeps the title until you settle with them. (Paid in full )

FWIW

john

RED
04-20-2018, 03:03
How does he recover the ammo sent to someone else??

According to the CMP, FedEx will not leave the ammo without a signature and will (perhaps) return the shipment to them. When (and if) that happens, they will reship to the ammo to me. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I have a CC with a hit just short of $300. FedEx is the same outfit that left a C&R, Argentine made 1911A1 between the door and the storm door one afternoon. The storm door wouldn't close with the package in place and a thunderstorm wrecked the door as a result. They refused to fix it... then I explained to them what was in the package. The brand new door was installed in less than 24 hours.

RED
04-20-2018, 07:59
No John, that is the problem. They were supposed to put the title in the mail and by the law, had to do that within 30 days. They didn’t do that because they don’t have the title and are inviolation of the law. This is a licensed Ford dealer and somebody traded this car in on a new 2018 car. They were supposed to sign and pass the title on to the dealer... they haven’t done that... therefore the dealer can’t send it to me. Catch 22... This afternoon, I called the State Police... but it was Miller Time on Friday afternoon and I won’t get a reply until Mon.

AZshooter
04-20-2018, 08:03
Have either you personally or CMP actually contacted FedEx to tell them to NOT deliver to the wrong address. Sounds like they want to be just fat, dumb & happy, and trundle your ammo along to the wrong place. The shipper (CMP) could tell FexEx to cancel the shipment without a delivery attempt - if they could find someone not too lazy to pick up the phone. I've never had a problem, since I have a FedEx account & can tell them to send my packages to wherever I want, even if they're already out for delivery.

Sounds to me like too many people are too fat & lazy to reach the phone to make a simple call.

AZshooter
04-20-2018, 08:08
Obviously you have never purchased a used car from a licensed dealer in the State of Arkansas. According to AR State law the licensed dealer has 30 days to produce the title. This particular dealer has hundreds of used cars in 5 locations and it is understandable that a particular salesman would not necessarily have immediate access to a particular title. That's why they can issue a temporary tag that is good for 30 days. Even with a signed bill of sale and a cancelled check as proof of purchase, the DMV will not issue a new tag. In MO a bill of sale from a licensed dealer is all you need. A private vehicle sale is different... that's why dealers are required to have a license.

So, were you planning to sell your new hooptie within the next few days? If they have 30 days to cough up a title, it looks like that's how business is done there in the 3rd world. If you don't get title after 30 days, you've got the argument in your favor.

RED
04-20-2018, 08:38
So, were you planning to sell your new hooptie within the next few days? If they have 30 days to cough up a title, it looks like that's how business is done there in the 3rd world. If you don't get title after 30 days, you've got the argument in your favor.

I bought the car on March 6, 2018... Check your calendar, mine says this is April 20, 2018. My math is a little weak but that totals up to 45 days.... 15 more than the law allows. Since the vehicle has not been licensed to me, and is not registered, my insurance has been cancelled and I can't legally drive the car.

What is this sheet about selling my "hooptie?" KMA... BTW that's short for kiss my ass.

JB White
04-21-2018, 07:17
According to the CMP, FedEx will not leave the ammo without a signature and will (perhaps) return the shipment to them. When (and if) that happens, they will reship to the ammo to me.

Red, I hope it all works out for you. It should so long as someone else doesn't automatically sign for the delivery at the wrong address. Most drivers I have encountered will not ask for a name. They simply say "Please sign here" on that new fangled computer gizmo which only records a scribble, hand over the box and run back to the truck. AFATC, an adult signed at the address on the label and their butt is covered.

togor
04-21-2018, 01:15
Hey Red are you good on M1 enblocs? I could spare some to get you going again if need be.

Former Cav
04-22-2018, 12:28
My ex had bought a car from a dealer in MN when we were married and both lived there.
They did not give us a title because they GOT THEIR MONEY and the person who traded the car off to them did not get off their azz and give them the title.
Well, I could not get LICENSE PLATES as I had NO title.
So, I called the dealer for the umpteenth time and told them "I'm glad you guys never got me the title, the car was stolen and used in a bank robbery and bad things happened. The FBI will be after whoever owns that car"
well, they called the previous owner and told her that, and badda bing I had a title in TWO days!!!
that was way back in 1972 or so. things might be different now, but you NEVER KNOW the way things are going with the FBI and gov't in general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RED
04-22-2018, 04:16
Have either you personally or CMP actually contacted FedEx to tell them to NOT deliver to the wrong address. Sounds like they want to be just fat, dumb & happy, and trundle your ammo along to the wrong place. The shipper (CMP) could tell FexEx to cancel the shipment without a delivery attempt - if they could find someone not too lazy to pick up the phone. I've never had a problem, since I have a FedEx account & can tell them to send my packages to wherever I want, even if they're already out for delivery.

Sounds to me like too many people are too fat & lazy to reach the phone to make a simple call.

I contacted the CMP immediately. Now that you mention calling FedEx, had I thought about it I would have made the call. I did one of those "ASSUME," things and thought only the shipper could make changes. I did call the guy that lives at my former address and if they do deliver it, he will refuse the delivery. Tomorrow, I'll call my CC company and see if there is anything they can do. Hopefully CMP will get it returned then reship to me.

Here is what CMP had to say:

Sir,
I checked on the order after changing your address in our system & noticed that the order had already shipped.
I will contact the shipping department concerning this matter, however with it being ammo fedex will probably have to return it to us & we will have to reship it.
Thank you,

Why they shipped it to the 10+ year old address they had on file and not the address on the order form I sent in, is a mystery to me.

JB White
04-23-2018, 07:23
Red, you actually got ahold of the guy at the old address? That's a feat in itself give the widespread use of cell phones and stagnant land lines these days. Keep us posted, please?

RED
04-24-2018, 03:43
Red, you actually got ahold of the guy at the old address? That's a feat in itself give the widespread use of cell phones and stagnant land lines these days. Keep us posted, please?

The dude that bought my place and I became good friends. He was very, very pleased that he got the place at such a bargain basement price... About $40k below appraised value. That $40k is the subject of a suit where I am suing my ex neighbor. He bulldozed hundreds of full grown trees off his property onto mine. He has already offered to settle out of court for $10k and I saluted him with a single digit in return.

Back to the car title... The ins and outs of AR statutes is one of the reasons I left AR for 50+ years. Turns out AR NEW car dealers that sell used cars have a whole set of laws that are different from non franchised used car dealers. The State Police monitor used car guys but not new car dealers, that's a whole new ball game. I finally got through to THE head honcho in Little Rock and he personally made a phone call and like magic within a couple of hours I got a call from the owner of the dealership and I am supposed to pick up the title tomorrow.

Hopefully the ammo thingee will work out too.