PDA

View Full Version : Everything is a hassle.

RED
05-03-2018, 08:46
I hadn't ordered anything from the CMP since 2007 and thought it was a hassle then. Nevertheless on the 9th of March I sent them an order for a service model Garand. I didn't ask for any thing just a service grade rifle. I filled out and had notarized the required paper work. Because I knew it had been over 10 years since I had ordered, I included copies of my DD214, My birth certificate, my DL, my CCW card and my American Legion card.

Two weeks later on March 17th, I ordered 200 rounds of Hornady ammo ($286), and used my current address on the order form. That afternoon after the CMP was closed for the day I received a confirmation that they shipped the ammo to my 10 year old address instead of the address on the order. I called them at 0730 the next day and was told it had already shipped. I explained that it was sent to the wrong address and was told that FedEx would return the package to them. On Friday, April 27, I called again and was told they had received the returned package and it had been reshipped to me and would arrive Mon. or Tue.

Six days later I called and asked for a tracking number... no tracking number because they had yet to have the package returned let alone reshipped. Just out of curiosity I asked if I could be sure the service grade Garand I ordered on March 9th would ship to the right address. My answer was... what order??? We don't have one.

Duh... so I guess I won't need that ammo. I would also guess my $286 is now a contribution.

bruce
05-04-2018, 03:46
Sorry to read of the problem you are having with your order. Understand the frustration. No one ever likes having a problem with a order. Doubtless the CMP will get it all corrected. Sincerely. bruce.

Sunray
05-04-2018, 09:42
Two to 4 months wait for a Service Grade. Your credit card, assuming(you can deal with your CC company about the $286. Also assuming.) been hit for the rifle? Oh and all this is caused by the use of volunteers.