PDA

View Full Version : To Serve and Protect

barretcreek
05-08-2018, 07:15
http://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/maryland-deputy-fatally-shoots-groundhog-as-it-crosses-road_20180508133620/1166671851

That area used to be pretty rural. Irresponsible not to test it for rabies though.

m1ashooter
05-08-2018, 08:04
Traffic stopped because a ground hog is in the road!! Ground Hogs are my mortal enemy. We used to run them over if they were in the road. Plenty of live stock have broken their legs stepping in their holes. They can eat the hell out of a newly panted corn or bean field not to mention their burrows under mining out building foundations.

I clearly saw this Hog attack the officer. This is not normal Hog behavior.

togor
05-08-2018, 08:12
Ground hogs love to get under my wood piles. I remember taking my dog (good yellow field lab, one dog ago) for a run when he suddenly veered off course to a brush pile. Next thing I know he has a full sized hog in his jaws and he's snapping it around pretty hard. The wail it let out was really something. Old Ed had broken his back so I had to go home and get the .22. The new dog Frank would dive into a play bow straight away, LOL, but the wife likes him.

bruce
05-08-2018, 08:48
A 130 grain .30 JHP at 3,200 FPS does wonders on a groundhog. Absolute wonders! Just saying! Sincerely. bruce.

Sunray
05-08-2018, 09:49
Dunno how many times I've warned people about rampaging ground hogs. Scarier than a charging tree rat. snicker.

clintonhater
05-08-2018, 10:41
Plenty of live stock have broken their legs stepping in their holes.

This happen to YOU? For decades I hunted them on dairy farms without hearing of ONE single such accident. (This was before the coyotes drove them to near extinction, & the dairy farms were turned into condo-farms.) Maybe it happens once in a great while to a farm animal that's particularly stupid, but if it does it's rare.

Bet you're bloody hell on turtles crossing the road, too.

By the way, I lived in Houston for 7 or 8 yrs without seeing a woodchuck, or for that matter ever seeing one anywhere in Texas!