PDA

View Full Version : Revived Games set to market school shooting video game

Griff Murphey
06-01-2018, 07:27
I hope this is as sickening to most of you guys as it is to me. The game is titled ACTIVE SHOOTER. Don’t know what if anything can be done to stop it but my feeling is these games are over 75% of the problem with these kids killing kids!

leftyo
06-01-2018, 07:47
i dont blame the games, that makes as much sense as blaming the guns. on the other hand there are enough other shooting/killing type games out there that it is pretty tasteless to market a school shooting game. particularily with our current problem with the issue. just think of how many people were killed with finger pistols and cap guns back in the day, yet we didnt have such a problem. its a simple lack of parenting.

Griff Murphey
06-02-2018, 11:57
Yeah I had plenty of toy guns from the Kaydet Springfield to a Tommy gun to the Fanner 50 Colt SAA. The difference in now and then with the video games is in two parts.

First thing is that violence was usually portrayed as having a redeeming factor such as defending your country or fighting crime. The bad guys never won. It was like it was in a glass case marked “break glass only in the event of war or crime.”

This video garbage is just pure killing for the joy of killing. And it’s much much much more graphic than what we grew up with.

Naturally I agree with you on the guns. Repeating shotguns and sixguns have been on the market for about 150 years. Ar-15s and similar guns such as the M-1 Carbine have been readily available for the last half century. However we never saw this school shooting phenomenon until all this guts and gore “killing is fun” video stuff was around to inspire the kids to kill their classmates.

Now take the video violence and add in the media acclaim the school shooters get and all of the alibis about bullying and you have a perfect recipe for these massacres. Top it off with the pressures of today’s social media. What did the kid use in Santa Fe? Not a thousand dollar “assault rIfle,” just an ordinary shotgun and a revolver.

So yeah I really do think the guts and gore in these games plays a part. Plus as you say bad parenting and today’s anti-religion anti-prayer anti-everything society.

Griff Murphey
06-03-2018, 10:00
Incidentally latest news is this will NOT be released.

The creater is Russian, or at least has a Russian name.

m1ashooter
06-03-2018, 10:19
I saw clips of the game and people wonder why we have kids shooting up schools?

JB White
06-03-2018, 03:36
I saw clips of the game and people wonder why we have kids shooting up schools?

They already had slaughter games. Now we have kids shooting up schools and we wonder why THIS crap comes out? Money..simple as that. Consequences be damned when there is money to be had.

blackhawknj
06-03-2018, 04:52
These video games are the current version of the Electronic Babysitter.

Sunray
06-04-2018, 09:28
"...games are over 75% of the problem..." Nonsense. That's like saying the game Grand Theft Auto causes people to run down pedestrians and smash into cars. Kids know the difference between reality and a computer game. It's the politicians and teachers who think what is seen in computer games is real. What causes the mentally ill kid to steal daddy or mommy's firearms and shoot up his school is a total lack of anything being done about the bullying. Both on-line and in person. Plus a lack of availability of mental health treatment.
"...we never saw..." Nobody had a camera on their person every second. No media hacks with instant access either.
"...The creatOr is Russian..." Who very likely has never seen a real firearm. Just like most programmers.

JB White
06-04-2018, 09:54
That's like saying the game Grand Theft Auto causes people to run down pedestrians and smash into cars.

Bad analogy because they do indeed play "Grand Theft" on the streets. Anyone who lives in a major metro area has probably seen examples of it. The difference is those kids are thrill seekers. Not nuts with a deranged vendetta. Another difference is just as soon as one of those kids totals a car, the others tend to shy away due to the misfortune of someone they know. That is until the next group gets their DL's and a little rice burner with a loud muffler. Then another will get killed or maimed, or do the same to someone innocent.

tmark
06-04-2018, 07:32
Remember in the fifties when kids had these hotrods and started playing "chicken" on the streets with these vehicles?