PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th!

S.A. Boggs
07-14-2018, 01:13
As most of you know I have been down for two years with cancer, now in remission. I haven't cut the large portion of my property in almost three years. The yardwork around the house was done by my daughter or hired help. I want to get my range and surrounding area back in shape, so I needed to get my 50" Cub out as it has been in an outbuilding for close to 3 years without my attention. My daughter's boyfriend has been out to help me, so I had him replace the battery I planned on doing the rest. When I opened the door I was in quite a surprise, it was covered in cobwebs and dust with 4 flat tires. I put fresh gas in, turned the key and not as much as a click. Upon checking mice/ants had done their business to a point of no return. I figured my best bet was to eat the loss and get a new machine, so off with my trailer I went to Tractor Supply. Being the end of the season I figured that pickings would be in short supply, a bunch of cheap lightweight mowers that would be of no use to me and one Cub! It is similar to what I had, but more updated features. The manager and I went over a price and I brought the mower home. It cuts just as well as I remembered, the only thing I need is to be the chains on the mower as it does slip in very high weed. It turns tighter then the old one and rides smooth, I will be adding a front bumper to it. I have now loaded the shed down with ant/rat poison to hold the litter buggers at bay! It feels good to be able to again do something constructive outside again.:hello:
Sam

Emri
07-14-2018, 01:51
Glad you feel up to it now! I hate yard work. Down here we have problems with brown recluse spiders. They will infestate my garage if it is not accessed frequently, which I do not do. I get the Bengal brand foggers in a three pack and set all 3 off in the garage twice a year. Don't have a problem with rodents thankfully !!

FWIW,

Emri