PDA

View Full Version : A problem for Togor

JB White
08-02-2018, 09:56
Cubs fans to invade Miller Park on Labor Day Weekend. I'm already armed to the teeth with Cubbie Blue regalia. Try to stop us!

togor
08-02-2018, 11:11
From my food vendor days, I had no love for Sox fans. Rude, crude, dirtbags really, even by the blue collar standards of the day. I expect modern Cubs fans can do better, but if necessary the MPD will take care any mess! Enjoy the trip, JB, and remember that in Wisconsin, the left lane is for passing, not cruising!

JB White
08-02-2018, 01:31
Well, well, well....Looks as though we do have something in common.

1. We both know how to use the highway
2. We don't hate Sox players but we both learned to despise their fan base.

Cheers! Should be a great series with both teams clawing for the division title.

togor
08-02-2018, 02:51
Some thoughts:

*Big advantage to CHC because of their offense,
*I was right about Darvish,
*Please God no World Series championship for AL East

JB White
08-02-2018, 02:58
*Bats aren't as hot as they need be against the Brew Crew.
*Only 1/2 the bullpen has my absolute trust.
*Watch your mouth as Darvish is a dirty word. Only he can clean it up.
*Agreed!

Tuna
08-03-2018, 10:46
My dream teams for the series are the Cub's and the Red Sox. I think the Red Sox very well will be there this year but I don't think the Cub's will make it. Bummer!!!!

Sandpebble
08-03-2018, 11:45
My dream teams for the series are the Cub's and the Red Sox. I think the Red Sox very well will be there this year but I don't think the Cub's will make it. Bummer!!!!

Here's the greatest "true" Red Sox story of all time .......

My Father will only watch a base ball game if the Red Sox are in it.... if the Red Sox ain't playing.... he ain't watching .....

.... but he sits there rooting for the other team no matter who they are...

Their hair got long ... and their uniforms got scruffy... and he just never forgave em for it ....

JB White
08-03-2018, 04:05
That Red Sox "bum" image is hard to get out of the mind. Esp after seeing them play against the Yankees. All clean cut and putting on a positive public image. The Bo Sox looked like a drunken softball team then made up of hobos and ex-cons. My kid adopted the Johnny Damon caveman look for two summers. Once he dropped a ball when his hair blew into his eyes he's been buzz cut ever since.

I don't think I want the Cubs in the WS vs the Red Sox this year. They way Boston has been dominating I would fear a sweep and that is simply to hard to handle. In 2005 I was upset when the White Sox blew past the Astros. The few CWS fans near me still remind me of that. Me...all decked out in a 'stros jersey and my old 45's cap. "Say it weren't so Biggio!!" :icon_redface: