PDA

View Full Version : King of Jouster

p246
08-07-2018, 02:35
I hav a six hundred yard Range, wonder how many would show up for nice old fashion shoot out, winner takes home title of king Jouster for a year, togor and red could get at it phrone from the six hundred. Me and sandrocks could run multiple engagements from strong hand supported say 250 to 690 on the idiot,box. Roadking trax with no roadking would have,to be worked in. At the end of the flame and smoke would be the 30day champion”O sir we are humbled by your superior,shooting skills. I see scared jousters......Shapiro could be heard billowing if zi did not live so far away, Ken the coo hulk would,say if I had a week to make my way into that den of He’ll hounds it would not e enough time. Art roars I’ll take the little one two at a time and the big ones as fast as they can get here.

Ken The Kanuck
08-07-2018, 07:26
Your generosity is most appreciated, at 600 yards my bullets would need GPS guidance. Let me know when the festival begins.

Thanks

KTK

Roadkingtrax
08-07-2018, 09:12
Still driving back from Camp Perry...2 weeks of shooting fun.

JB White
08-07-2018, 10:45
What does being King of Jouster offer?
Do we get better access to the site in the form of moderator controls?
Can we send people to the Jouster dungeon?
May we behead people?
Is there a sticker for the lunch box (right next to Batman!)

Unless the King can collect exorbitant taxes, drink free beer, and raise an army....No Dilly Dilly.

Mark in Ottawa
08-07-2018, 04:55
I won't be able to see the 600 yard target even if I used my 36 power spotting scope. After all, Kansas is a very long way from Ottawa.

Actually I have never fired that far and wouldn't know how to begin although my Lee Enfields are supposed to be functional at that distance

dryheat
08-07-2018, 11:31
I'd join up for that. Where the heck is this place?

p246
08-08-2018, 02:36
Lol figured that would stir the pot. One benefit to living in Kansas is flat flat flat land. If the neighor would play we could go past 600. JB we’d have to approve any benefits through the mods. Road King hope you did well at Perry, 2 weeks of fun is almost illegal (curious what you shoot). Mark in Ottawa with my Mark 1 sight and BSA No 4 and hand load 23 clicks up is the sweet spot, can’t do it every time but I’m hovering around 50%. I play with some AR guys and just keep saying yep these inaccurate Lee Enfields. I do keep my round count down on hot days mirage coming off the wood messes me up if I don’t let it cool. With M2 ball I’m doing pretty well also with my CMP special and a early Remington 1903. Unless it gets cold set the sight at 600, hold any wind and let it fly. I also shoot modern rifles. Hey I thought you Canadians could shoot for miles up there in the tundra.

- - - Updated - - -

Also JB the free beer is Guinness....per Dog Tag

JB White
08-08-2018, 06:39
Also JB the free beer is Guinness....per Dog Tag

Count me out. Not to offend any Guinness drinkers. I simply cannot see that well anymore.

Ken The Kanuck
08-08-2018, 08:42
Maybe Guinness would help?

KTK

Roadkingtrax
08-08-2018, 10:32
P246, I had the good fortune to shoot the CMP Cup matches through M1A. Games matches are fun, but service rifle has my attention. I can now say I've shot one of my M1s on the line at Perry, a bucket list item for this rifleman.

The CMP pellet rifle facility is amazing. That was as much fun to shoot as the P100! Opened my eyes to trigger control and gave me more confidence in a few things I was doing right.

p246
08-08-2018, 08:18
P246, I had the good fortune to shoot the CMP Cup matches through M1A. Games matches are fun, but service rifle has my attention. I can now say I've shot one of my M1s on the line at Perry, a bucket list item for this rifleman.

The CMP pellet rifle facility is amazing. That was as much fun to shoot as the P100! Opened my eyes to trigger control and gave me more confidence in a few things I was doing right.

Good for you. I went once to watch, I need to go to participate while I still can. Sounds like a very good time.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Guinness would help?

KTK

Always after, always after lol

- - - Updated - - -

Count me out. Not to offend any Guinness drinkers. I simply cannot see that well anymore.

Reminds me of the joke where the very old deer hunters shoots, his son yells did you see one, and the old man yells back, Nope, but I heard one.

Former Cav
08-17-2018, 11:32
hope you have it and it works out well.
If I was in good health I would love to attend.
I always wanted to go to the FAL Fest that they used to (maybe still do) have at The NRA Range in Raton, NM.

jon_norstog
08-17-2018, 09:17
This sounds like a pretty good idea to me. 600? What is 600 to a Krag, anyway? I'm getting old and crazy, let's do this!

jn

p246
08-17-2018, 10:12
This sounds like a pretty good idea to me. 600? What is 600 to a Krag, anyway? I'm getting old and crazy, let's do this!

jn

600 with a Krag I heard was easy because the action is butter smooth.

Sandpebble
08-18-2018, 06:09

I shot the second annual Garand Match at Perry in 1999 . Somewhere is a pic of the Garand Collectors allumni after the match... and I' m in it.... there weren't all that many

An old friend James "Jimmy" Sinclair that I shared the firing line with many many times was beat out of first by an x count in that match .

I have the great honor of laying claim that I once beat him in a full course 600 yd Garand match two years later by a full point {took second place myself that day}

Jimmy was also one of the first shooters on that TV show Top Shot

p246
08-18-2018, 09:28
I shot the second annual Garand Match at Perry in 1999 . Somewhere is a pic of the Garand Collectors allumni after the match... and I' m in it.... there weren't all that many

An old friend James "Jimmy" Sinclair that I shared the firing line with many many times was beat out of first by an x count in that match .

I have the great honor of laying claim that I once beat him in a full course 600 yd Garand match two years later by a full point {took second place myself that day}

Jimmy was also one of the first shooters on that TV show Top Shot

Very nice, I got all hot on my CMP Special a couple years ago. Shot all my M2 up. We stayed at the 600 yard range and didn’t push it any further. But it did well. I need to reload my good brass and push it out. Last year a guy brought a. NM Garand out to the field we can shoot up to 1350 in. We had a plate at 800. He was dropping them all around it when I figured out he was using Kentucky windage. Confirmed sight was zeroed and dialed 800 for him and wind (can’t remeber value) He was shooting the Hornady ammo timed to M2 ball. He started getting good hits. I was surprised he had never used the sights as designed. The rifle is very capable.

Roadkingtrax
08-21-2018, 06:58
Red...I'd take that bet you keyboard commando.

p246
08-21-2018, 07:13
Since my name was mentioned here, here is my $.02

FWIW, Back in 2005, I bought my first CMP M-1 Garand. I was familiar with the rifle because I carried one in drills for 2 years in the college ROTC program in the school I attended. Then in 22 weeks of USN Aviation Officer Candidate school (ran by USMC DI's) I carried, marched with, and ran miles carrying a Garand, I never fired one, never had any training on how to zero the rifle, never heard the term "cheek weld," etc.

Then I got my first CMP Garand, a post war HRA with a LMR barrel. I found out that there was a local CMP open match the following weekend. I dry fired the rifle in my living room floor from the prone and kneeling positions and entered the match having never fired a single round from a M-1. That was a while ago but IIRC there were over 40 shooters. I was probably the only guy there that didn't have a expensive spotting scope, a shooting jacket, gloves, and a store bought shooting mat. Bottom line, over all I finished 13th and in the 600 yard part I put 6 of 10 rounds in the black. I have never considered myself to be a good shot.

And yes with my 74 year old eyes, a failed left shoulder replacement, and no feeling in my legs... I would still kick Sandpeckers, and Roadkillsucker's ass.

Like I said, just my $.02.

Dam I’d love to get you three together for a shoot. I’d supply the guns and ammo. Oh the stories at the end of the day.

So I started along with my brothers shooting a Lithgow No 1Mark III. DAD figured cheap Pakistani ammo was a small investment to keep his boys out of trouble, we wore that thing out. I actually grew up thinking 1 in 10 LE rounds shot spaghetti out the barrel. Later in life I bought a slick No 4 and was really hooked. I do have a good Garand CMP special that’s been very accurate.

Red it’s not a Jouster Contest unless your in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Red...I'd take that bet you keyboard commando.

I’m thinking you’d put a C note on it lol.

togor
08-22-2018, 05:13
Red let's make that '03s. Like Bill Mauldin says, a rifle, not a pepper grinder (with apologies to the fine M1).