PDA

View Full Version : Gunsmith and his invention

Merc
08-29-2018, 11:20
Interesting gunsmith. Looks like he specializes in Colt SAA. Cool invention.

www.springcreekarmory.com

Sunray
08-29-2018, 11:39
Do anything to a vintage Colt SAA and you'll drop its value by half.

Merc
08-29-2018, 12:57
Probably true but I guess it depends on what you want to do with your SAA. Shoot it or look at it.

Allen
08-29-2018, 01:30
Look at the Colt. Shoot, tune, modify the Ruger, Cimarron or other makers of the SAA types.

JimF
08-30-2018, 05:03
That cylinder pin “ejector” he installs, is a sure-fire way to crystallize the hammer . . . leading up to snapping the hammer in half.

No way, would I use that “fix”.

Clark Howard
08-30-2018, 06:48
Reminds me of the guy who converts a $700 military rifle to a $300 sporter.

JB White
08-30-2018, 07:49
A firearm I supposedly can't shoot isn't one I would own. Akin to buying a car I can't drive or a beer I can't drink.
If you decide to use a firearm as a precious investment that's your own choice. I'll have fun with it knowing I'll eventually someday double my money down the road and be happy with that.

Merc
08-30-2018, 10:20
I’m OK with those who reject the idea of tuning up an antique gun so it works properly. Personally, I’m not a fan of defective wall hangers and prefer to own guns that are fit to be fired. To me, antique cars, watches and guns are worth more if they actually work. Whether I choose to use them is up to me.

I’m also OK with those who reject tools and devices a gunsmith thought up that solves a problem he’s had disassembling a gun. There are probably alternative ways to remove a cylinder pin that hopefully doesn’t involve beating on a 145 year old SAA with a hammer.

Herschel
08-30-2018, 02:00
My impression of the tool and it's use is:

It is removable and not a modification of the gun.
The tool is used by pressing the hammer forward to push out the cyl pin, not by dry firing it and letting the hammer strike the "tool".

I didn't see any instructions for how to use the tool. Did I miss something?

Merc
08-30-2018, 04:14
Instructions and tips are included when you purchase the tool.