PDA

View Full Version : A man after my own heart

barretcreek
09-06-2018, 05:47
https://www.ksnt.com/video/man-installs-electric-fence-near-bus-stop-to-keep-kids-off-his-lawn/1420691270

The little darlings parents don't think there's anything wrong with their kids' behavior.

Vern Humphrey
09-06-2018, 06:28
What, you don't like kids?" asked Wayne Milby. "Me, I'm a parent and I don't want any children to get electrocuted."

An electric fence will not electrocute you. I use electric fences on my property, and I test them by grabbing the wire.

But there is an old saying in rural areas, "That boy is dumb enough to whizz on the electric fence. Twice."

JB White
09-07-2018, 10:50
So he has to move the fence a few feet to stay back away from the county easement. No big deal. Kids being kids it won't be long before they play "I dare you". Shortly afterward the fence will be broken once they start pushing people into it.
Next: Hah-hah-hah...throw the goofy kids hat over the fence just as the bus is coming.

I think he's better off with a picket fence. Probably keep a stash of spare, pre-painted pickets in the loft of the garage. I know someone in a similar situation and a couple pickets get their tops knocked off every year. Three years ago I picked up some 1x4's and made a pile of spares for her. I've already replaced about half a dozen. It isn't malicious behavior. It just happens. Saw one kid break one while swinging his book bag around over his head. Another was cracked during a pushing match. They're bored.
At least the sniffling kid with the book bag came around to ring the bell and apologize. Then asked we don't tell his father if he returned and "nailed it back on" himself. Kids! :)

Sako
09-07-2018, 10:52
An electric fence will not electrocute you. I use electric fences on my property, and I test them by grabbing the wire.

"
I had a neighbor that would test them that way but that was before low impedance fencers hit the market. Low impedance fence chargers have to use a chopper or non continuous shock or they will hold a 1500 pound bovine on the ground.
My neighbor could also kill an old farm tractor by grounding out the spark plugs with his fingers.

Vern Humphrey
09-07-2018, 01:42
I have a low impedance fence charger -- that's basically all they sell nowadays. And as a quick check to be sure the fence hasn't been grounded out by brush, etc, I still grab the wire.