PDA

View Full Version : Northern Schooling

Ken The Kanuck
09-23-2018, 01:56
Could you imagine the fuss that this would cause in a school near you?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/kugluktuk-school-grizzly-bear-1.4833304

KTK

Vern Humphrey
09-23-2018, 03:32
Here in Arkansas, half the population would enroll!

ikesdad
09-24-2018, 06:24
Same in NW Colorado, along with the parents.

bdm
09-24-2018, 01:11
When i went to school they closed first day of deer season we also had are deer rifles hanging in the back window of are pickups.Imagine that today

Vern Humphrey
09-24-2018, 01:24
When i went to school they closed first day of deer season we also had are deer rifles hanging in the back window of are pickups.Imagine that today

Same in Arkansas. I remember kids showing up with deer strapped to the hood of the car or in the bed of the pickup truck later on in the season -- and both kids and teachers came out to see.

It's still that way here -- to a degree. The local paper prints pictures of kids and their first deer. My wife sent a package to one of our great nieces who lived in Maryland. The girl was fascinated by the crumpled up newspaper she used for packing -- "Mom! Do you know six-year old girls in Mountain View, Arkansas shoot deer?"

JB White
09-24-2018, 02:18
How horrible! The kids probably missed their transgender awareness and multi-racial understanding classes. All to watch the destruction of a poor defenseless animal. That slaughtering will leave them scarred for life. Someone needs to be sued....
Going to a Cubs game tonight in liberal preppie/queer town. Just practicing my "foreign" language skills. Might keep me out of jail.

blackhawknj
09-24-2018, 03:20
There's multi-culturalism for you.

M1Tommy
09-25-2018, 07:22
Here in Arkansas, half the population would enroll!

Vern, I agree! ANd, in a few minutes, arriving in scores would be dads and uncles to watch!

Re the trucks with arms in rear racks, yep, except around our home. We had neighbors with sticky fingers, took farm tools, car and truck batteries, then finally stole our truck! Dad's prized '66 C-10 was found abandoned down a log road a few days later, sans gas and battery......

Tommy

S.A. Boggs
09-26-2018, 01:49
Vern, I agree! ANd, in a few minutes, arriving in scores would be dads and uncles to watch!

Re the trucks with arms in rear racks, yep, except around our home. We had neighbors with sticky fingers, took farm tools, car and truck batteries, then finally stole our truck! Dad's prized '66 C-10 was found abandoned down a log road a few days later, sans gas and battery......

Tommy

"THOSE FOUND HERE AT NIGHT WILL BE FOUND HERE DURING THE DAY!" is a posted sign that gets attention. During Obama's watch there was a series of metal thieving at night, farmers were getting hit especially hard. One farmer staked out a watch from inside a hay bale and sure enough a car pulled onto his property. He chased two men who were trying to steal from his field equipment, one of the thieves took around the corner of the equipment and hit said equipment in the face. Lost the use of his right eye, in another incident in the adjacent county another thief damaged his spine losing the use of his legs when being chased. The prosecutor wanted to jail the farmer! We people in the country are a lot different then "city" folk living closer to the land then to concrete! Kids are lucky who are taught to survive, not just play survival games on a device.
Sam