PDA

View Full Version : Got a question for anyone.

S.A. Boggs
10-05-2018, 01:28
Is it work if it is fun?:icon_scratch:
Sam

IditarodJoe
10-05-2018, 01:51
Ahh . . . methinks Sam's been having a good time butchering lumber, Yes? That's great, Sam!!! :icon_lol:

And in answer to your question, sure, it can be. Sometimes work can be the best sort of fun. :)

jjrothWA
10-05-2018, 02:20
If its work and its fun, then its a hobby

Work without is a job. :(

PWC
10-05-2018, 03:12
1965; after graduating from jump school, first assignment was Travis AFB, CA. Couldn't believe they actually paid me to jump and run around in the woods, and shoot all manner of firearms, and best of all, blow things up!

Allen
10-05-2018, 03:56
It's a tough job but SOMEBODY has to do it. Personally I would have wanted to skip that "jump" part.

S.A. Boggs
10-05-2018, 05:29
Ahh . . . methinks Sam's been having a good time butchering lumber, Yes? That's great, Sam!!! :icon_lol:

And in answer to your question, sure, it can be. Sometimes work can be the best sort of fun. :)

How did you guess, Ah! the sound of a chainsaw in the morning!
Sam

Vern Humphrey
10-05-2018, 06:05
I could give you a better answer if I had ever found employment in my chosen field. I wanted to be Vice President in Charge of Training and Quality Control in a nation-wide chain of brothels.

Sako
10-05-2018, 07:32
I could give you a better answer if I had ever found employment in my chosen field. I wanted to be Vice President in Charge of Training and Quality Control in a nation-wide chain of brothels.

The perfect job.

S.A. Boggs
10-06-2018, 01:50

I doubt that your bride would have let you continue that avocation.:eusa_shhh:
Sam

snakehunter
10-06-2018, 04:54
It's a tough job but SOMEBODY has to do it. Personally I would have wanted to skip that "jump" part.

Me too! I spent 3 years in the 101st Airborne jumping out of airplanes and running around in the woods and I didn't like either.

Clark Howard
10-06-2018, 06:06
The lucky people in this world are the ones who make a good living doing something that is fun to them. PS-Even fun things can become somewhat mundane and tiring. Regards, Clark

barretcreek
10-06-2018, 06:22
Did hear a joke about a Colonel with a young second wife, who posed that question to his staff one morning. The answer was if any work was involved he would have assigned it to one of the enlisted.

Sunray
10-06-2018, 09:23
Difference between 'work' and a 'hobby' is the pay cheque. If said work is also fun, that's a non-taxable bonus. Sometimes known as a 'calling'. AKA: a vocation.
Like everything else, it's about money and marketing. snicker.