PDA

View Full Version : Not worth the bother!

JB White
10-15-2018, 08:55
Friend in the UK wants a rifle of mine. I looked into export fees. We were thinking by the time he paid me, the export, and his import costs in the UK, (Given the exchange rate between the GBP & USD) the rifle would be right about the going market rate over there. I think not.

Just to get going for export it'll cost a bare minimum of $700+ (State Dept. permit and initial exporter charges) which doesn't include all the other costs involved along the way. Then add the import costs and VAT etc. on his side of the pond. We are looking at a probable $1200-ish mailing. WTF....?
I was only going to hit him up for $500 to absorb my cost for the danged thing! I can't even gift it to him at those rates.

Thinking about hiring a Mexican to sneak it over. :eusa_shhh: :icon_lol:

Sunray
10-15-2018, 10:08
"...Not worth the bother!..." Lotta firearm related stuff is like that. Don't think individuals need the exporter's licence(that's from Commerce. The State Dept.'s export licence is another thing altogether.) though. It does depend on what rifle too. All of it is covered on the ATF's FAQ page. Except for the Brit end. I think.