PDA

View Full Version : A terriable day is done!

S.A. Boggs
10-19-2018, 03:33
Yesterday my sister Betty died after a two month battle with brain cancer, she was 81. My sister, who I called Dodie, was a fighter and was up to the end. I am saddened at her passing, but rejoice that she is gone. She, as I, are Believers so her earthly body had died her soul continues to live in eternity with THE FATHER.
Five minutes after our daughter left for work at 0600 I got a frantic phone call, a deer had hit the front of her Jeep as she left the village. I hurriedly dressed and went to her aid. The front of her vehicle was damaged, so she and I waited in my F-150 on the highway patrol and AAA to arrive. The rest of the morning was spent with State Farm [fantastic service] body shop and getting a rental vehicle for her.
On top of this the 18th of October was the 2nd anniversary of my great nephew's death who died in the wreck of his patrol vehicle while on patrol. A double whammy for my niece and on Monday we bury my sister. It is also my Daughter Samantha's 30th birthday. If any family could use a prayer, please think of us.
Sam

bruce
10-19-2018, 04:53
Just now found your post. Trauma, shock, loss, grief ... sounds like you and your loved ones are transients through that dark valley of tear of which King David wrote. Many will be lifting you and your family up in prayer to the Great Shepherd. I will join them. Sincerely. bruce.

Allen
10-19-2018, 05:04
Prayers sent Sam. I assumed the worse was going on with your sister because I haven't seen any updates from your previous post about her. From all I've heard this is a very cruel and painful way to go so yes, you should rejoice that she has gone home now.

I too hit a deer @ 4:00am while driving to work. They are like chickens--whatever side of the road they are on they have to cross but not till you arrive making it impossible to avoid hitting them sometimes.

When it rains it pours.

m1ashooter
10-19-2018, 05:59
Prayers with your family.

togor
10-19-2018, 06:49
Sorry to hear that Sam. Lost a sister earlier this year myself.

Vern Humphrey
10-19-2018, 06:49
My prayers and deepest sympathy.

bdm
10-19-2018, 01:20
Prayers for you and your family

tmark
10-19-2018, 07:27
So sorry for your losses. Little prayer sent!

M1Tommy
10-19-2018, 08:43
I am sorry for your loss.
very sincerely, Tommy

barretcreek
10-20-2018, 02:47
My condolences, Sam. May you find strength at this time.