PDA

View Full Version : What the forum used to be like...

RED
10-19-2018, 06:48
... back just 4 years ago.

http://www.jouster2.com/forums/showthread.php?47338-Am-I-the-only-one-or-has-anyone-else/page2

free1954
10-20-2018, 05:47
I liked the old board best. with guys like bill mook [GRHS] and threads on the trapdoor board that went on forever.

Allen
10-20-2018, 06:33
The Major had not been dead long at this point. It has certainly gone down hill since.

Besides the obvious things we mention that have eroded the forum we are getting older, don't shoot as much and aren't attracting new members. New members, if young people, tend to favor the newer plastic and potmetal guns and not the hand crafted products we grew up with. Politics have been in a turmoil for decades leading this country to a point of no return and are directly related to gun ownership. So, I feel some of the discussion about politics more so than guns would have occurred over time. With increased population, diversity and opinions things are going to change beyond our control. Then there are the stores that don't sell guns or don't sell guns worth having. Our shopping experiences have dwindled and gun shows are no help. Most of us are retired, have money to buy what we want and more than likely already have it along with nothing really new coming out. Just my .02 again.

PWC
10-20-2018, 08:08
Your money well spent, Allen. This is a very good asessment of what was and now what is. I hope civility can be maintained with what's left as we go forward.

Merc
10-20-2018, 07:22
Fully agree. I’d like to see more posts on the gun topics and less on the crackerbarrel.

PWC
10-20-2018, 08:32
Getting more posts in the gun / shooting forums is the only thing to keep this site open. I believe most of the "wooden warriors" are owned by shooters / collectors that are experienced. I also believe many of us old farts here also have the dreaded black plastic rifles. Maybe the admin should open an AR Type forum to atttact new/ younger blood.

To me, the greatest value of this forum is the wealth of information stored in the posts of the Jouster giants that posted; the Maj., Gus Fisher, Harddog, John M, and many others I can't remember (member, I'm an old fart).

For what it it's worth, the lack of civility shown in the 2nd Amendment forum, for the most part is missing when the disrupters do post on the other forums.

Clark Howard
10-21-2018, 06:06
The "disruptors" merely author posts on the other forums as a form of camouflage for their intended sabotage of the 2nd Amendment forum. The members who were here in force several years ago are either gone for good, lost interest because of health or personal issues, or are disgusted with the aforementioned "disruptors". To add to these difficulties, the younger generation of firearms enthusiasts are seldom interested in wood and steel firearms. I spend several days a year at local gun shows. I talk to many young people who know very little of the wars that have been fought in the last century, much less the weapons that were employed by the soldiers. The "disruptors", and their sponsors recognize this fact, and employ tactics right out of "The Rules for Radicals" to discourage participation in the Major's forums. The lady who is in charge seems to agree with those interlopers. History is history, and facts are facts, but lies and obfuscation can eventually blur both. Just what I see. Regards, Clark

S.A. Boggs
10-22-2018, 03:38
The "disruptors" merely author posts on the other forums as a form of camouflage for their intended sabotage of the 2nd Amendment forum. The members who were here in force several years ago are either gone for good, lost interest because of health or personal issues, or are disgusted with the aforementioned "disruptors". To add to these difficulties, the younger generation of firearms enthusiasts are seldom interested in wood and steel firearms. I spend several days a year at local gun shows. I talk to many young people who know very little of the wars that have been fought in the last century, much less the weapons that were employed by the soldiers. The "disruptors", and their sponsors recognize this fact, and employ tactics right out of "The Rules for Radicals" to discourage participation in the Major's forums. The lady who is in charge seems to agree with those interlopers. History is history, and facts are facts, but lies and obfuscation can eventually blur both. Just what I see. Regards, Clark

Very true.
Sam

lyman
10-22-2018, 08:18
conversely,

as a gun show attendee (have tables in Chantilly, RVA and Hampton,, sometimes Fishersville) I have sold a lot of milsurps to the young(er) crowd,
military in Hampton will buy every Garand I can find, and some other makes,

we sell a lot of Mausers, Enfields and even a few Arisaka's to young folks, most 18 -30 yrs, that used the weapons on some game ,

had many tell me they bought the gun (Mauser 98, Enfield No1 etc) cause they used it in CALLOFWHATEVERWHENEVER on the xbox (I'm not a gamer)

jon_norstog
10-28-2018, 04:52
Hey, we're not dead yet! Easy with that shovel, OK? I'm thinking about [passing on my guns, but at the same time I still hunt and shoot. My6 son is gonna get a couple hundred+ year-old firearms whether he likes them or not. And I'm working on him to get a wheel gun, too. My dau is not a shooter but my son-in-law hunts. He's a muzzle-loader, i got to get him into BPCR shooting. And I have a couple kids I "adopted" that are getting old guns and enough ammo to get them started.

I don't know if they will piost on this forum or not, but they will definitely keep those barrels warm.

jn