PDA

View Full Version : Notice the difference?

Dan Shapiro
10-31-2018, 11:17
Another reason why the public distrusts the media............

Notice the difference in these news items........about the SAME event?

Clark Howard
10-31-2018, 11:30
The truth has no utility to the dems and their pals. Regards, Clark

JB White
10-31-2018, 11:39
The liberals can still say that no mass shooting has been stopped by an armed citizen. Once again not enough people died to reach their magic number of "mass deaths"

Sandpebble
10-31-2018, 12:24
The truth has no utility to the dems and their pals. Regards, Clark

Well... which one was false ?

And with all respect Clark.... the Dems and truth thing ......

When Breitbert released the story of Hillary and other Dems involved in a pedophile ring being run out of a pizza joint.... and a then member of Government... Flynn, and his son continued to spread that
story over the internet....

well I've yet to hear one conservative step up to the plate and decry that as an untruth ......and Breitbert isn't considered an enemy of the people,... go figure

Dan Shapiro
10-31-2018, 12:40

Which one gave you ALL the information?

JB White
10-31-2018, 12:48
Neither gave all the info. Fox did offer a little more. The headline shock factor is certainly on opposite ends.

barretcreek
11-01-2018, 12:24
"Biker takes away African immigrant's lunch....."

Sako
11-01-2018, 08:34

And with all respect Clark.... the Dems and truth thing ......

When Breitbert released the story of Hillary and other Dems involved in a pedophile ring being run out of a pizza joint.... and a then member of Government... Flynn, and his son continued to spread that
story over the internet....

well I've yet to hear one conservative step up to the plate and decry that as an untruth ......and Breitbert isn't considered an enemy of the people,... go figure

????????? WTF! You need to cut back on the cannabis. You might also change your name to clintonpebble.

m1ashooter
11-01-2018, 08:47
This is exactly why we need to gather our news from multiple sources and make educated opinions.

Vern Humphrey
11-01-2018, 08:54
It would also help if we stopped feeding the trolls.

togor
11-01-2018, 03:51
The liberals can still say that no mass shooting has been stopped by an armed citizen. Once again not enough people died to reach their magic number of "mass deaths"

Is the NYT liberal? They did report the Kentucky shooter was thwarted in the Kroger parking lot:

Mr. Bush was stopped by an armed bystander who shot at him in the parking lot, and whose name the police have not released. Mr. Bush tried to flee, but he was caught by police officers.

FWIW

JB White
11-01-2018, 04:37
Is the NYT liberal? They did report the Kentucky shooter was thwarted in the Kroger parking lot:

Let me make it easy for you. Need only read the first paragraph: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shooting

Those numbers tend to get stretched depending upon who is covering the story. Shall I elaborate further? Yes? OK....

When the attacks on soft targets begin, enter an armed citizen. If he stops the shooter before he/she reaches the described body count then it was not a "mass shooting" therefore armed citizen did not stop one. Should said shooter reach the magic number for body count, then armed citizen did not prevent a mass shooting.
Notice the italicized words stop and prevent? That is how the left wingers and liberal press carefully select the words they use to"report" the statistics they choose to use whenever opposing concealed or open carry.

So, as I said they can still claim that no mass shootings have ever been stopped or prevented by an armed citizen. In this particular case the body count was not high enough to qualify. Anytime someone mentions that a mass shooting was prevented, the anti-gun leftie retort is it's pure speculation as to whether or not more might have been killed.

Don't reply that climate change over the next 20 years is speculation.....oh no. The term speculate does not apply when they are on the soapbox. It wasn't speculation when they claimed blood would be running in the streets and shootouts on every corner if concealed carry was approved nationwide. That just hasn't happened yet!

Sandpebble
11-01-2018, 04:54
It would also help if we stopped feeding the trolls.

Um.. Vern... if I may.... as I'm sure the troll accusation was sent my way I'm forced to querry....

...... was there some thing about my post of the Breitbert Pizza Gate / Flynn and Son story that you would like to explain to us all as false ???

This I'd like to hear... .

Sir this country became great because of opposing view points.... your absolute fear of them weakens us all.

togor
11-01-2018, 06:12
Well JB, the NYT did report that a guy who was walking around, who tried to get into a church, and then went on to Plan B at a Kroger, was shut down by an armed citizen. You say that not enough people were killed to make it a mass shooting, but that appears true only because he didn't get that far. A locked door stopped him, then an armed civilian. This is how it was reported, and I think everyone understands that it could have been much worse.

barretcreek
11-01-2018, 10:18
Who controls the language controls the dialogue. Editors select the words to channel the conversation. As I referenced the Biker/African Immigrant joke.

And hot off the press is this one.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/11/01/ny-times-anti-semitism-new-york-doesnt-conform-easy-narrative/ Not enough straight, white, Christian males in Noo Yuck.

Former Cav
11-03-2018, 11:19
the old reporters trick
"are you still beating your wife?"
if you say yes..... you are an idiot
if you say no.....that implies you were at one time!