PDA

View Full Version : Highway sign I'd like to see.............

Dan Shapiro
11-02-2018, 03:28
It would really help when calling the car insurance agency.............

Merc
11-02-2018, 03:35
Great sign. The highways in nearly all of Pennsylvania are littered with dead deer this time of year.

tmark
11-02-2018, 07:36
While in upstate NY, a deer ran into the right front bumper of my Hyundai SF. I called the insurance man. He asked me if "I" ran into the deer. I said no, the deer ran into me. After my claim was settled, my rates increased. Go figure!

barretcreek
11-02-2018, 07:46
We can keep our roadkill unless it is 'trophy status'. $3 plus the damage.

dryheat
11-02-2018, 09:48
I came across a hit deer in the AZ mtns. years ago. It was still kicking and I shot it with my .22 Ruger. I thought, hey, free deer. But I don't hunt and I don't know anything about preparing so I drug it off the hiway. Just this week I was shooting and a guy came up who was scouting with his daughter. We got to talking and he mentioned a bear had been hit just up the hiway. He showed me the picture on his phone(tech, it's great). I couldn't believe my eyes. I doubt a bear has been hit by a car in this state in twenty yrs. This was pretty far south, but they do show up when pressured. The car and coyotes has made a mess of it.

S.A. Boggs
11-03-2018, 01:22
Just got our Grand Cherokee back, $1500 to our insurance company from a "slight" hit. $2200 last year on the other side of the vehicle front. In our state of Ohio, Highway Patrol will give you a deer hit ticket for you to take the deer home, no charge. I have come to believe that Ohio deer have some Democratic blood in their gene pool.:icon_e_surprised:
Sam

Sunray
11-03-2018, 10:19
"...my rates increased..." You made a claim. Car insurance is the only service that is based on fraud and costs you more if you use it.
The fraud is the idea that the deductible can be more than the entire cost of the job. Had that one with a Samurai windshield. Total cost of the replacement was $150Cdn. Deductible was $300, then. It's fraud because they know exactly what that kind of thing costs, but they take money for a service they have no intention of providing. That's the very definition of fraud.
Plus the idea that not having insurance in your name makes you a greater risk is idiotic.

S.A. Boggs
11-04-2018, 01:23
State Farm has not raised our rates after two deer strikes in two years, matter of fact my cost went down 10%
Sam

computermedic
11-05-2018, 04:17
hit a deer last month on my way to work. Still dealing with insurance company.
It was a nice 8 point though, came out of an s curve and he ran in front of me.